thehandyman

Need an alternative to ip pro

Hi, 

This program, while having the capability to record motion, possibly due to a glitch it only records time. If someone was on your property you literally have to watch 24 hours of footage non stop to determine it. 

I have an anran wireless system. 

Can anyone recommend alternative recording software? And, how would I install it? I have a 12" screen, 1tb hdd 8 ch receiver unit, seemingly android based? 

16 minutes ago, thehandyman said:

Can anyone recommend alternative recording software? And, how would I install it?

Hi anran systems are toys just like any wireless system .... you are stuck with what you have for this reason 

wireless camera is a transmitter..... which sends data to a receiver (the recorder) and then decodes to give you your image it’s all proprietary (all coded together) so can’t change software or use any other wireless camera that is not coded to the recorder

21 minutes ago, thehandyman said:

Well, I hope you're wrong because it literally cannot record motion. 

Ok you don’t understand  proprietary. 

but when you do find better software let us know .... but remember you also need to do each camera as well 

9 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ok you don’t understand  proprietary. 

but when you do find better software let us know .... but remember you also need to do each camera as well 

I do understand it. However it's an android platform apparently and that gives me hope. 

20 minutes ago, thehandyman said:

I do understand it. However it's an android platform apparently and that gives me hope. 

Is it now ..... that is crap ...... Android accessible may be but not run

ill put it another way ...... 4 cameras wireless to recorder ..... each camera needs identity for recorder to recognise.....change dvr software (which you can’t do anyway) how do cameras connect

but again good look