Sign in to follow this  
Greg.Ca

My Lorex 16 channel NVR died.

Well, it had worked VERY WELL over the past 24 months but last night was the coldest night of the year and I figure that all my outdoor POE dome PTZ cameras that have internal heaters probably had their heaters running full blast all night long causing the internal power supply in my NVR to die. Can't get the NVR to turn on. Tried everything but upon opening up the case I discovered a very undersized power supply powering everything. Delta DPS 200PB.   Specs 12V 5 amp  52 V 2.5 amp. I can get direct replacements from EBAY but wondered if a larger beefier power supply would be a good idea. I can go for a longer power supply but not wider or taller unless I mount it outside the case which is what I am willing to do to get better long term reliability. What are my options?? Can I get a beefier higher current power supply with the same connectors?? I'm looking to double up on the POE 52V current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks --Greg in Denver. 

Hi. Lots of people make this mistake...... ptz with heater blower or wiper should not run on Poe from nvr

yes your right cold temperatures have switched on your heater and the sensor is set very low ..... this is because ip cameras also generate there own heat anyway ... your extreme low temp has called for more power which your nvr does not have

lorex nvrs don’t run heavy ptz power you need to run larger Poe switch

how many ptz cameras are you running and what make and model