Sign in to follow this  
lordchickengod

Connect Farm's cctv and access point to office

My small farm buildings need some security to mitigate thieves.

Since I have to wire LAN cable to farm, so I think it's a good idea to enabling the ability to use the internet at farm building via access point.

So please kindly answer, Can I connect the equipment according to the diagram below?

cctvdiagram.jpg

Hi. No that would create a unstable system 

second is using hikvision nvr  .... out of date and unreliable 

To limit transmission problems and cable feed costs I would remove the switches in farm 1 and 2 and use a Poe nvr 8 way at each farm. More reliable also cameras still working if one nvr goes down and is a cheaper option 

and use vms in office to view and control the system 

Other option is HD analog system ... still same resolution as IP  but cable distance  far greater .... run cable direct from office to each camera location ( you can get 4 camera feeds down 1 cat cable

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. No that would create a unstable system 

second is using hikvision nvr  .... out of date and unreliable 

To limit transmission problems and cable feed costs I would remove the switches in farm 1 and 2 and use a Poe nvr 8 way at each farm. More reliable also cameras still working if one nvr goes down and is a cheaper option 

and use vms in office to view and control the system 

Other option is HD analog system ... still same resolution as IP  but cable distance  far greater .... run cable direct from office to each camera location ( you can get 4 camera feeds down 1 cat cable

Thank you for answer.

The reason for NVR must be in the office because the thief will have a hard time stealing HDD (in NVR).

The office has 1 people reside in it, always,  while the Farm has no people especially at night.

And that 1 people can not be asked to patrol the farm.

The farm building is pretty open, easy to get in and out compared to the office building.

So If I use 2 x POE NVR in 2 of farm buildings, The thief can steal it (HDD included). Then I will have no proof to the police officer.

Analog system has been used in 1st farm building and already got stolen.

So my new system I change it to IP system to minimize cable cost and be able to record it in NVR that is in a safer place.

Please advice.

29 minutes ago, lordchickengod said:

And that 1 people can not be asked to patrol the farm.

No need two ... monitor would still be in office

So If I use 2 x POE NVR in 2 of farm buildings, The thief can steal it (HDD included). Then I will have no proof to the police officer.

You would still have footage on vms in office it’s like second backu

So my new system I change it to IP system to minimize cable cost and be able to record it in NVR that is in a safer place.

Do you already have equipment ?

we’re are you located

Thank you very much for answering

I will look into vms, What is it by the way and how much for it?

I mean new system will change to IP (instead of analog), My English is not good. Equipment will be bought after finish planning/design.

I am located in Thailand, Farm1 is an insect farm, Farm2 is fish (Climbing Perch).

Hi. VMs ... video management ... it is free with most dvr/nvrs now cms also 

hikvision is also behind others in this software and is complicated but not as efficient as others

analog is now just as good as IP and it will save you a lot of money .... no switches .... less cable and cheaper cameras .... don’t go any less than 5mp .... analog goes upto 4K 

these are best recorders on the market currently both in software and app application 

http://en.tvt.net.cn/