crunkin4justinrt

Cant find replacement fuse for power supply

Greetings,

I am really hoping someone here can help me. Recently I had a fuse blow in my IC Realtime power supply. The Part # DCR 4-4-1UL is on the power supply. The writing on the fuse says "F3.5AL 250V". The fuse measures 1 1/8 inch long x approx 3/16 inch wide, which is about 28.57mm x 4.76mm.

The problem is all I can find online is either 5x20mm or 6x30mm. The first is way to small, the second is a hair big. This is what I have tried so far that does NOT work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074HH3VZ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008R7XE4W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Can someone PLEASE help me. I have contacted IC Realtime and so far they have been useless. They actually recommended the 5x20mm fuse above which is clearly way too small. 

I am attaching pictures of my power supply and the fuses I have tried. I did temporarily wrap the blown fuse in foil which makes all my cameras work, I am aware this is a fire hazard but without it, 4 of my 8 cameras show no video.

I am desperate! PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance

-Angela

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

Hi. The 6x30 will fit  

but you need to know why it blows fuses

you need a new power supply yours is overloaded. It is only a 4 way 3.5 amp each channel .... your running 6 cameras on it. You will just keep blowing fuses. You could go up a size but you would then be over max amp of the whole unit

fuses blow for a reason and foil should never be used 

if you work on 2 to 3 amp on each camera this also allows for the surge when IR kicks in you will have a safe power supply 

min your case $40 for an 8 way 10amp power supply will be money well spent

please remove your homemade fuse it is not worth the risk

https://www.amazon.com/Ares-Vision-CCTV-Power-Supply/dp/B07BN6C2GC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=cctv+power+supply+8+channel&qid=1618783963&sprefix=cctv+power&sr=8-5

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. 

First off, the 6x30mm fuse did not work. 

The fuse blew because I was trying to re-wire a camera that has a bad signal and I think I crossed my wires. other than that I have had zero fuses blow in over 10 years.

Originally, I did have a 4 camera system. I eventually upgraded dvrs and added 4 cameras so I now have 8 cameras, not 6. My installer never mentioned anything wrong with this power supply. 

I am more than happy to upgrade my power supply to what you have recommended but how hard is it to re-wire? my installer is out of business and I am on my own with this; hence why I haven't been able to get the fuse replaced either. There looks to be a lot of wires going to the power supply and I have no idea where to begin.

Do you think I could swap out the power supply myself? 

FYI - I have removed the foiled fuse! :) 

Hi. Yes you could do your self I will even make you a wire diagram based off your existing power supply. You could have it done in 30 minutes 

yes there looks like a lot of wires but you are only interested in the ones on right hand side the rest are removed with old power supply 

Before you buy ... I sent a link from amazon America...... is that we’re your based 

I noticed your tape measure was in inches only which is an American thing

I actually purchased this one, do you think it will work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ILVWJA/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am based in Daytona Beach, FL - so yes in the United States. 

DO you think the power supply I ordered will work or if I should get the one you recommended instead? I will do whatever. I really appreciate the help!

Hi the link I posted is 2amp each camera

your link is only 1amp each camera which is not enough. They are usually used for alarm systems not cctv

Ok I will get it, just to confirm I am getting the "9 Port/10 Amp" one for $32.99? If you ready under the description it says "All of our 12v CCTV power supplies are separately fused for each port at 1.1 AMP," Is that right, I thought you said it was supposed to be 2 amp? Just making sure before I purchase. thank you!

IMG_2522.jpg.f650d917c07d915984d458d3eae

looking at your old unit all the twisted cables are cat5 powers more than I camera you no longer put two wires into a terminal starting from top

solid orange goes into first terminal marked +
orange white goes into -

next block

green goes into terminal +
green white into terminal -

next block

blue goes into terminal +
blue white into terminal -

next block

brown goes into terminal +
brown white into terminal-

next block 

you are left with normal cable so each one goes 

red into +
black into -

This will fill another 4 blocks

thank you so much! I emailed you some photos of my new box but i guess you dont need them. I will try setting up my power supply with the directions you have provided. i will let you know if i have any issues. i cant thank you enough!

Ok so what caused the fuse to blow was one of the 2 black wires that are currently not plugged in. See photos. I am not sure where these 2 black wire pairs should get plugged in ( + and -) and also why they are there. I only have 8 cameras. 

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

black wire was plugged into + and clear/copper wire was plugged into - , this is what caused the fuse to blow

also when the box is plugged into wall there is a little arching 

Ok .... can you check if your recorder has its own power unit .... jack plug on back of dvr see if it goes to a power supply or back to your new unit

2 minutes ago, crunkin4justinrt said:

black wire was plugged into + and clear/copper wire was plugged into - , this is what caused the fuse to blow

also when the box is plugged into wall there is a little arching 

This wire does not show up on your old power supply ...... are you shure it’s not the mains power for your old unit