Sign in to follow this  
maynard65

QSEE QT548 - Video loss, all 8 cameras

Bought this system from Costco about 6-7 years ago https://www.amazon.com/QT548-8-5-CAMERA-SECURITY-QM6006B-CAMERAS/dp/B009AJ8ZJU Worked fine until recently, unfortunately I had not looked at it for about a year and a half, I was out of country.

Now, when I turn it on, I see "Video Loss" on all 8 cameras. 

I've reset the DVR, unplugged all power supplies and restarted, checked for loose connections, verified the outlets the power supplies are plugged into work.... still see same results. 

I need help determining the next step.... repair or replace. 

If DVR replacement is required, now that QSEE is out of business, can someone recommend another brand of DVR where I won't have to change the cameras?

Appreciate all feedback

Screenshot 2021-04-30 104234.png

Hi. Video loss on all channels usually points to power supply 

do you have individual power supplies or one that does all cameras

also how are cameras wired if I remember right this unit came as a kit with a lead kit 

yes you can use most modern DVRs with your existing cameras but I would recommend looking for the reason your system is down first

There are two power supplies for cameras, each supplying 4 cameras. 

Everything packaged together, not sure I understand "lead kit". The system ran fine for at least 5 years, the DVR and monitor are in a cupboard, away from any kind of bumping or movement. 

Seems strange both power supplies would fail, that's why I thought it was something within the dvr...

"have two plug type power supplies with 4 way splitter on each " - Yes. The power supplies are a small unit which includes the plug

The power supplies feel about the same temperature as everything else in that cabinet. The power supply to DVR is definitely warmer. 

I'm on west coast, several more hours until dark... I'll check and report back

3 hours ago, maynard65 said:

No, I checked all 8, no red lights

Ok then power supplies need changing first 

did you see the link to cables I posted

if that type they fail and blow any new power supply you replace 

this power unit is a better option than the plug type

https://www.amazon.com/ARyee-Adapter-Charger-Security-Surveillance/dp/B07CYMXSTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=cctv+power+supply&qid=1619858605&sprefix=cctv+&sr=8-3

Ahora que QSEE está fuera del negocio, ¿alguien por favor me puede indicar como hago para que el dvr se conecte a mi ip y poder ver mis camaras desde cualquier lugar como antes lo podia con el codigo QR? He intentado hacerlo de muchas formas pero no lo he logrado. Agradezco su ayuda de antemano. Saludos.