a94cobra

Converting auto iris cable to 4pin.

Soldering is not a problem. Where do you get the fourth wire from? Which pins translate to which pins? Didn't know if it was even possible to do this. Is the wiring compatible? Same type drive and such?

Yes, the lens from Videor Technical will be compatible with any camera that has the ability to handle a video iris lens. This is not to be confused with a DC auto iris lens. Your camera needs to have a switch that says DC-Video for the auto iris. Then look up the wiring diagram for the 4 pin connector (one pin isn't used) and you will see white is video feedback, red is power, and black or green, or shield is ground. You'll need a very fine tipped low power soldering iron since the wires and pins are very small. The wiring diagram for the 4 pin connector will be in the camera instruction booklet. What camera are you going to be using with this lens?

I was wanting to put this onto a Sanyo camera. Mainly using that one because of size. I am mounting the entire setup into a box that I can put outside. With the big lens, I was putting my smallest camera with it. Just so it all fits into the housing. If you want the model number I will have to pull it all back apart.

You mention it is a big lens, what type, age, etc.? Most new lenses are very small now, and cost next to nothing in the US.

No, all Sanyo's wire the same, just pull the manual and it will have the wiring diagram in it. You'll want the one for the video iris lens, 3 wire only.

Make sure you have the lens switch to video and not DC and also turn off the AES so the camera knows you are using an auto iris liens.

rory>>> The lens is an older VT G06Z12 78mm zoom. Got it cheap. I am putting it in an outside enclosure and due to it's size I was gonna use the smallest camera I had. Just so all would fit easy.

AVCONSULTING>>> Thanks for the help. I will do all that tomorrow and see if that works out.

I need to do this in reverse: adapt a modern 4-pin C-mount AI lens to connect to an older 3-pin Ikegami 4224 camera. Is there an adapter for this or do I need to do some creative wiring?

You'll have to solder. Do you have the AI connector for the Ikegami? They aren't easy to find anymore. It is a metal type with a locking collar.

Your lens will have to be a video iris type not a dc iris but since you said it was a C mount AI lens it should be video iris.

I haven't received the camera yet, so I don't know if the adapter is include or not. Do you kow of a good source for c-mount AI lenses?

Computar would be a good source, they may even be able to prewire it for you since they have wiring diagrams for just about any camera. You'll have to go through a distributor since you can't buy direct from them. Here is a link to their lens information. These are not cheap lenses, but then none of the older "C" mount AI lenses are cheap.

http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/computar/auto/index.html