Jsndf

Small WiFi video camera, looking for software

Hello, is anyone aware whether or not small video cameras, the really small ones often in the shape of a small box the size of dice sold on Amazon and eBay for $10-30, are able to be used with software other than the app the company supplies?  I am using the camera with a smartphone and not the included sd card because the smartphone will recieve the lens signal with a lot higher resolution.  Thanks a lot

hello, the truth is, I bought one of those cameras with those characteristics, but what was special about that camera is that it connected Wi-Fi and with that I connected it to a surveillance system called AJAX and it was the only way to use the camera without the software. But the truth is I do not know any other way than the device has a Wi-Fi connection and this allows another device to enter what I understand is that maybe you are looking for a mod or another program but I recommend that the small cameras you buy have a Wi-Fi signal. simple use luck.

46 minutes ago, robertojavier said:

hello, the truth is, I bought one of those cameras with those characteristics, but what was special about that camera is that it connected Wi-Fi and with that I connected it to a surveillance system called AJAX and it was the only way to use the camera without the software. But the truth is I do not know any other way than the device has a Wi-Fi connection and this allows another device to enter what I understand is that maybe you are looking for a mod or another program but I recommend that the small cameras you buy have a Wi-Fi signal. simple use luck.

Thanks, the AJAX works, are there small portable surveillance systems and would any small portable surveillance system work? 

Since the camera has wifi, what is exactly required of a surveillance system to work without software?

are there any reasonable deals on a simple, basic portable surveillance system?  

Do most surveillance systems record in 4K or can a surveillance system send a signal to my 4k smart phone to record? 

thanks

4 hours ago, robertojavier said:

hello, the truth is, I bought one of those cameras with those characteristics, but what was special about that camera is that it connected Wi-Fi and with that I connected it to a surveillance system called AJAX and it was the only way to use the camera without the software.

Ajax don’t have a surveillance system ….. they have the ability to take a stream from a recorder or camera  to there cloud but you also need to purchase a comparable Ajax hub plus a monthly charge 

the OP sounds like he is talking about the $10 - $30 cameras from eBay or amazon   9 times out of 10 you can only use the software that comes with the camera and is a China server based unit (will only work with the app)

so no that type will not run on Ajax…. Camera must have RSTP feed or it won’t work 

not to be mixed up with Ajax motion camera as this does not take video it only takes snap shots (pictures)which is useless 

the likes or verisure alarms and simplesafe alarms are nothing but toys and cost more than a real cctv system or alarm system

ajax even claims it saves your life 

48 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ajax don’t have a surveillance system ….. they have the ability to take a stream from a recorder or camera  to there cloud but you also need to purchase a comparable Ajax hub plus a monthly charge 

the OP sounds like he is talking about the $10 - $30 cameras from eBay or amazon   9 times out of 10 you can only use the software that comes with the camera and is a China server based unit (will only work with the app)

so no that type will not run on Ajax…. Camera must have RSTP feed or it won’t work 

not to be mixed up with Ajax motion camera as this does not take video it only takes snap shots (pictures)which is useless 

the likes or verisure alarms and simplesafe alarms are nothing but toys and cost more than a real cctv system or alarm system

ajax even claims it saves your life 

Do you know any other tiny body camera that you can stream WiFi to a cell phone or a small device so it will record in 4K on the device?

how about a small body camera that has a cord instead of WiFi that can be plugged into a cell phone or small recording device that records 4K?

it doesn’t matter to me whether it has a cord or WiFi.

if I bought a single lens is there a way to connect it to a smartphone or small device with a cord (or maybe without)?

Is a RSTP feed just for converting or transmitting the WiFi signal to be readable to the smartphone or small device?  
is it difficult to install a RSTP feed on a lens or entire camera?

is it overly difficult to install a lens on a camera?

do I need anything more than a solitary lens  and a smartphone or other recording device if it has a cord?

how difficult is it to hook up a lens and camera to a smartphone or small recording portable device (maybe with RSTP feed) to make a corded or WiFi external portable device camera?

58 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi what are you going to be doing with this camera 

have you looked at the go-pro range of cameras

It is for protection and the gopro cameras are out of my price range.  The lens needs to support at least 4K video and be body worn and not visible like a button camera.  

Here is a tiny camera I saw but I don't know how to add a recorder to it.  HD 5*5 Lens 1000TVL DIY smallest mini micro Tiny pocket miniature Video camera | eBay

Do you know how to assemble camera lenses to recorders by wire (wifi would be fine too if I knew how to but wouldn't be better)?

36 minutes ago, Jsndf said:

The lens needs to support at least 4K

Ok. You say at least 4K then post a link for a analog tvl camera 

bodyworn cameras are all over the net with built in SD card

a camera lens is not what makes it 4k

44 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ok. You say at least 4K then post a link for a analog tvl camera 

bodyworn cameras are all over the net with built in SD card

a camera lens is not what makes it 4k

Here is one with 4K: a lens that is clear enough to view at least 4k that is recorded onto a smartphone which most smart phones record in 4K: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184255842251?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAAAkHImhhvzRjsPWuAAT%2BIijuiTv5SyNn7lflrCeMFM80Uxq%2FHAMJJedwOSQZS9GqSXNeh2XfEE90NhU9nQ3FWEjbgt6AD8AaH5akNaOL5Cu1DfC%2BekKongFbAS6j%2F7r%2Bvjoj3a%2Fu7a8BPpHmv%2B84ikGlwKdSRmHVRILCVDjch3DKQW9eRcXCeJs27X%2BrjCru4arQ%3D%3D&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184255842251&targetid=1262906534602&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9014409&poi=&campaignid=12874531657&mkgroupid=123924952722&rlsatarget=pla-1262906534602&abcId=9300535&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdeFBhBAEiwAKOIy506tRVtSjRy91HZdGwvgZm1oNnMOhwwR1TUOOF0mmp1d-IXAovab1RoCBs0QAvD_BwE

the apps are really bad for most of these, they don’t record  sound, bad stabilization, etc.

this is why I am trying to make my own 

the ones that record to a sd card have the recorder built into the unit with the lens and never are 4K

the lens has to be clear enough to support 4K and the recorder is what has to be fine enough to record 4K.