Mferron

Hikvision Microphone Setup

I've never setup an external microphone and I'm having issues finding a tutorial that fits my camera. I recently purchased a DS-2CD2185FWD-IS because I thought it had a mic installed on the camera, but turns out it only does line-in microphones. No big deal. I was going to purchase the DS-2FP2020 but I have no idea how to connect this. In every single tutorial I've watched about connecting an IP camera to a microphone the mic is connected via RCA cable. This microphone seems to just have the bare cables at the end with no connectors and the IP camera has a "audio interface", but I don't know where to connect these two or how to power the microphone. Any suggestion on a video or something like that?

Microphone:

https://us.hikvision.com/sites/default/files/data_sheet/acc_ds-2fp2020_050718na_0.pdf

Camera:

https://us.hikvision.com/en/products/cameras/network-camera/performance-series/outdoor-dome/8-mp-network-dome-camera-ds-1

Thanks ahead!

Hi so long as your camera has 4 fly leads out of it and one is marked up audio then your good to go

but that type of microphone also needs a 12v 1amp power supply for it to work 

do you have one 

On 7/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi so long as your camera has 4 fly leads out of it and one is marked up audio then your good to go

but that type of microphone also needs a 12v 1amp power supply for it to work 

do you have one 

Thanks tomcctv

Is the fly lead the connector that uses a flat head screwdriver to crimp the cable?

I do not unfortunately. I don't see any official power supplies Hikvision makes for this either.