AlejandroARG

Looking for camera for project

I want to create a service where I would sell IP cameras in addition to other IoT elements for home.

What I am looking for is a low cost camera that could be managed through MQTT, and could route the video stream to a content server (for storage and viewing)

It must connect through WiFi, and preferably support 5GHz band.

I am not looking for cloud based closed systems ( I've seen a lot of them) because I want to have my own integrated experience and not depend on another vendor.

I googled many places but couldn't find anything acceptable.

Any hint?

Regards

2 hours ago, AlejandroARG said:

I want to create a service where I would sell IP cameras in addition to other IoT elements for home.

Hi. Running this type of service from your home needs a lot of cash ….. a lot more than you would get from subscribers 

then you have the personal data problems that run along side 

will you be controlling the main server of the m2m …. A lot of the iot is licenced and still under copyright so that’s another cost

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Running this type of service from your home needs a lot of cash ….. a lot more than you would get from subscribers 

then you have the personal data problems that run along side 

will you be controlling the main server of the m2m …. A lot of the iot is licenced and still under copyright so that’s another cost

Thanks for answering.

Service is for the homes. not to be run from my home.

IoT part is the easy one.

Privacy is OK.

My quest is for camera devices. 

Unfortunately I cannot afford, at this time, to develop a camera or retrofit a new firmware on an existing one.

That's why I am looking for an open camer that I can suite to my purposes.

BR

5 hours ago, AlejandroARG said:

Privacy is OK.

My quest is for camera devices. 

Unfortunately I cannot afford, at this time, to develop a camera or retrofit a new firmware on an existing one.

That's why I am looking for an open camer that I can suite to my purposes.

hi. I am not putting your idea down I just think starting it all from scratch by yourself it is not going to happen 

you gave two wrong answers 

privacy OK

this requires a management company ….. subscription/ bank details / names address can only be done via a data company

then again it’s cost …….. as you are developing your own software …..you are going to need your own control app ….. android is not a problem but the cost and getting apple approval is a lot of money and you do need a broker account for the data collection 

As you know there are a lot of iot smart automation companies 

for cameras you might be better talking with amazon ( they make there own) or Arlo ( which is net gear)

irt this requires a management company ….. subscription/ bank details / names address can only be done via a data company

There are companies that handle the payment for a fee. Some of them specialized in mini or micro transactions. My knowledge of the customer mostly will be a name and a customer ID. Payment is managed by the company and they take care of all the personal information, fingerprints, credit card numbers, bank accounts, etc. The only thing I need to knnow is that customer "someid" paid "someamount" "someday" and go from there. 

Thanks for the pointer to Arlo. O'll look into it. 

BR

Besides... I am not looking into iAnything because of what you said: 1) they are expensive, 2) the company who manufactures them is painful to work with.

And also because they are a small minority in the market that really do not impact figures if they do not buy a service.

BR

28 minutes ago, AlejandroARG said:

The only thing I need to knnow is that customer "someid" paid "someamount" "someday" and go from there. 

Yes sounds good except you need to go back to the start 

you use a data company for payments and the protection 

but what about your protection 

video data from your customers….. inside / outside of there homes image and audio collection ……. Remember your holding the video data of your customers for a set amount of time or how much storage for a set cost 

how do you protect that and guarantee your servers captured that data 

mqtt company is best used for everything they do everyday

you might find it’s safer to get licence from one of the companies ….. just rebadged there equipment as your own and they will also supply you with apps in your name

all you have to do then is build up your own customers

amazon does this world wide ……. Ring doorbell is amazon ring security cameras are Amazon 

I've got new information and would like to add to the thread before closing. 

There is a standard called ONVIF that does what i want to do. If you ever have to hook up cameras through IP, ONVIF seems the way to go.

Thanks to all

20 minutes ago, AlejandroARG said:

There is a standard called ONVIF that does what i want to do. If you ever have to hook up cameras through IP, ONVIF seems the way to go.

Wow that is not new ONVIF is only a standard protocol for IP cameras and NVRs

and literally has nothing to do with what you want to setup

infact most smart cams like the ones you are looking for are not even ONVIF

Smart cameras and smart devices are proprietary to the MQTT service provider

but since you say onvif is what you are looking for ….. I would say your looking at operating a camera monitoring station for existing systems from customers

monitoring stations cost 10s 1000s just to setup

for both ideas it’s like you have come up with a idea for smart home …… then thought of the money income 

but missed out the expensive middle which is the structure of the business 

amazon got into this market a few years ago 

they bought blink for $90 mil and then ring for over $1 billion