ej javier

Is it possible to downgrade NVR firmware?

Good day. As the title says, the reason I want to downgrade is because, the latest firmware removes or limit some useful features. Specifically the maximum remote users for playback reduced and limited to only 1 user at a time, the previous firmware allowed up to 3 users. This change was never mentioned in the change log. I've tried to upload the previous firmware but the NVR rejected it, says the image version is lower then the current. Any help or suggestion in what I can do? Thanks in advance

Hi. Not heard of any system restricting number of users not on modern units …. Usually limit is between 20 and 100

you might be looking at how many in a group setting (all using same login credentials) which could be limited 

just give all users a different password should get you past your problem

an other reason is your using a cheap China cloud service in which case it is the cloud service which is blocking you 

what make and what app are you using

Thanks for replying. Sorry for not elaborating. It is a samsung nvr (SRN4000) and it's not being used as standalone. All devices including cameras and NVRs are being managed by samsung server (SSM) equivalent to VMS. Each user uses a client software installed on their pc and uses their own login credential. The login credentials for users and groups are created in the server.

Now our problem is, when 2 or 3 users wanted to do a seach/playback on the same NVR it is no longer possible. Let's say there's a user currently playing-back, if another user attempts to do playback as well, a warning message will pop up saying "Max. 1 user for remote playback". The previous firmware the warning message says "Max. 3 users for remote playback".

I'm thinking if there's a way to force downgrade the firmware, something like through console, but I don't have any idea if its possible. 

Or is it possible to do a restore factory that also restore's the stock firmware? 

35 minutes ago, ej javier said:

Now our problem is, when 2 or 3 users wanted to do a seach/playback on the same NVR it is no longer possible. Let's say there's a user currently playing-back, if another user attempts to do playback as well, a warning message will pop up saying "Max. 1 user for remote playback". The previous firmware the warning message says "Max. 3 users for remote playback".

Ok this is not a login problem …. It’s just a viewing problem 

mom the srn units you can’t do what you want anyway not just on Samsung but any system….. this is a problem with your server setup not nvr

you can’t do this >> 1 user logs into nvr and watches footage from last Friday and then a second user logs in to watch footage from last Saturday…… you will get the message max 1 user …… it would be better your system saying already in use. Which it is from 1st user

a drive only has 1 read path  ….. as user 1 is watching last Friday the read path is searching the sector’s for that date…… user 2 can’t ask read path to look and scan last saturdays s sectors at the same time it’s already busy 

user 1 can login to nvr ….. user 2 can log into server (vms ) as it’s a different drive

but I think your not setup for vms  and this is your problem

don’t get cms and vms mixed up