Sign in to follow this  
okrobie

Can I install Hikvision firmware into my Lorex recorder?

Hello, I have a Lorex LNR280 and no compatible cameras, but I do have some Hikvision DS-2CD2112-I cameras. I understand that the Lorex hardware is identical to a Hikvision model that would support those cameras. Can someone here assess the truth of this information and guide me to instructions on how to install Hikvision firmware into the Lorex?

Thanks, Jim

Hi. The answer is no

Yes 2013 your lorex was hik but   First your unit is too old to do anything with

and your hik cameras are the same too old and no updates…… spending money on a 1.3mp system is just a waste 

Thanks Tom. Hopefully this wouldn't cost anything since I already own the units and they cost me next to nothing. I'm not a professional just a 79 year old fart with a little equipment and a lot of time.

50 minutes ago, okrobie said:

Thanks Tom. Hopefully this wouldn't cost anything since I already own the units and they cost me next to nothing. I'm not a professional just a 79 year old fart with a little equipment and a lot of time.

Hi what I mean about wasting money is your recorder is 10 years old …. Has no support 

your cameras are old hikvision 1.3 mp and again no updates so you don’t have a match

no point buying a nvr to go with cameras 

and no point buying cameras to match your old recorder

Hi Tom, In my original question, my intent of installing the Hikvision firmware into my Lorex recorder was contained the hope that I would gain compatibility between the Hikvision cameras and the recorder which would now be a Hikvision clone. If my assumptions are incorrect, I would be better off putting them on the curb for some other wild eyed optimist to play with. Not trying to build a professional grade system, just trying to learn as I go. Thanks, Jim

Hi. Like a lot of people ….. firmware is not the recorders software 

firmware is updates or fixes from manufacturers…… so using hikvision firmware will not work … infact it will make your recorder useless……. You would need the hik SOFTWARE from 2012 …. which you won’t find as it was removed from any downloads for having spyware 

Oh... I see. Well then my next best approach might be to try to find a bargain on an obsolete Hikvision recorder that will match my obsolete cameras. Where would I get a model number for such a boat anchor? Again, my cameras are Hikvision DS-2CD2112-I

Thanks for your patience. Jim

1 hour ago, okrobie said:

Oh... I see. Well then my next best approach might be to try to find a bargain on an obsolete Hikvision recorder that will match my obsolete cameras.

Hi back to my first post ….. don’t waste money 

12 year old recorder and cameras … you are just wasting your time 

here is a test for your cameras because it sounds like you bought them secondhand 

do you know the password for your cameras ?

Nvrs and cameras are cheap …… spend your money on new