NickyD

(failed to access your plugin, network error) trouble accessing camera's via a remote location

We have a Samsung Techwin SRN-1673S NVR Security camera system at my shop.

When I am at the shop connected to the local network, I am able to access the web viewer on internet explorer 32 bit using the private IP Address: http://192.168.1.250:8080 and everything works fine, however if I try to connect using the public IP Address http://70.184.x.x:8080 (which I would use if I was at home) I receive this error, which I will also include a snapshot of. 

failed to access your plugin (network error) 

I receive this error whenever I try connecting using the Public IP address while connected to the local network or a remote network for when I am at home for example. I used to be able to connect to the camera's but since October or late September of this year I haven't been able to connect to the cameras remotely, using many different computers. so I am just not sure what is I am not understanding.

I even tried the manufactures camera software, which had the same issue, not being able to display the camera feed, also included a snapshot

camera issue.PNG

smartviewer using outside network.PNG

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. First I would check if your IP address has changed

Nope IP address is correct, I am aware that is does change, but we do have a business IP so it doesn't happen often..  but I am aware of that. And 100% I have the right IP

Plus I can get to the web viewer login remotely. Just after logging in I'm presenting with the plugin issue. 

Hi yes your iP is correct…. I have just got to your home screen 

what do you get if you just enter your external iP into your browser instead of using software

I don't use the software. Manufacture told me to try it, it didn't work and they never responded afterwards....

I normally connect to the camera using my external ip in a web browser. 

Have no problem making a connection. Just for whatever reason I can't access the plugin using my external ip. 

1) Connected to the same local network using thr private ip everything works fine 

2) Connected to the same local network but using the external ip I get the plugin issue 

3) connected to an outside network such as home using the external ip i get the plugin issue

I wasn't sure if someone my router was blocking something. I have a linksys wrt.

The camera is also forwarded to port 8080

I just figured it out, aside from forwarded my http port I also apparently needed to forward the device ports inside the router

for anyone with a similar situation, for example my device port range was 554~558 and just needed to port range forward all of those to the NVR's IP address. never needed to do this before, not sure what changed, but just in case someone has this issue in the future