Sign in to follow this  
masticman

Changed router and app has stopped working

Morning all,

Great forum you have here, I have searched historic posts and have tried the suggested actions but I'm not getting anywhere (I'm not the best with these cameras).

I have had an 8 Hikvision camera setup for a few years, which has worked perfectly. The DVR connects to the IVMS 4200 desktop app and I use the IVMS 4500 iphone app. The only time there is ever a problem is if my external IP changes but I just go to the app, change it there and off we go.

A couple of days ago we changed to Vodafone Full Fibre Broadband and this is where the problem now lies. I can view the cameras on the desktop app but on the iphone app for each individual camera I am presented with the error [connection failed], I have the app pointed at the right port / the IP address is correct, along with the correct username and password. I don't see the option to change anything else.

In the desktop app under device management everything is ok, it shows that it is sending data externally, I just can't access it for some reason. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks and Happy New Year to all! 

Hi. What happens if you make two devices on your app ……..one with local iP and the other external IP address 

also on the vodafone side you said full fiber

this is a completely different setup and requires going into router settings 

how is your router connected to incoming 

either phone filter to router and then network cable out to dvr

or 

bt fiber box with network cable going direct into router on green and yellow plug 

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think of adding it as an entirely new device. I scanned the QR code and it mapped itself with the internal IP and that works fine while on the WIFI. As soon as I switch to mobile data I get the connection failed error message.

The fibre comes into the house and is then mounted onto the wall via one of these: -

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/04/cityfibres-1gbps-ftth-broadband-goes-live-in-northampton-uk.html

That then plugs into a Vodafone router. The router is then connected via CAT 6 to my home network.

Hi I use the bt fiber with Vodafone but same setup

the one problem you now need to test is mobile data …… you might have to move away from your router range ….. test remote next time your away from house

Hi when you go into the app  …. And in server list which IP address are listed  edit is a pen on paper icon … first one….. is your mobile also Vodafone 

Morning,

There are two: - 

1. - The external IP address - That doesn't work inside or outside of the house - Gives the error message "Connection Failed)

2. - Internal IP address (192.168.1.XXX) - Works inside but goes off as soon as I leave (obviously).

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, masticman said:

Thanks, I always used an external IP address in the past though.

Hi try with instructions left in your pm and let us know if it works iP not needed