MillerP

HDMI modulator to multiple TV's

Hi All,

Happy New Year

I recently installed a camera so that a customer can check the surf from the comfort of their home (In Cornwall).  The customer would like to be able to view the image from 2 TV's, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.  Getting a cable to the TV's would be difficult and probably messy.  So I am looking for a solution using the existing co-ax network.  

I believe that this is possible through the use of a hdmi modulator, but I am unsure as to how to connect into the coax network.  There is an existing 8 way splitter in the loft next to the CCTV DVR.  So i figure that I can connect the DVR to the HDMI port of the modulator and then run a coax from the existing splitter to the RF in port to allow the terrestrial channels to be displayed on the TVs connected to the modulator.  Is there then a way to connect from the RF out back into the Splitter so that all TV's on the network can view the camera image?  Which port would i need to connect to on the splitter?

Or would i need an additional splitter after the modulator to then go to the TV's that will be used to see the camera image?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance

On 1/7/2022 at 1:01 AM, MillerP said:

.... then run a coax from the existing splitter to the RF in port to allow the terrestrial channels to be displayed on the TVs connected to the modulator.  Is there then a way to connect from the RF out back into the Splitter so that all TV's on the network can view the camera image?  Which port would i need to connect to on the splitter?

Easiest way I would do is use a modulator with a "loop through".

Another option someone suggested to me was using a 1 to 2 splitter in reverse, so it combined the modulator with the Antenna/amplifier/street input and outputted to the splitters doing each TV.

That was suggested by a TV installer to me at the time I was looking, I have never tried it though.

My own home uses an amplifier with an extra input labelled as "back feed".

tv_mod.PNG