Sign in to follow this  
kirkdickinson

Can someone recomend an NVR that will work with iVMS-4200

I have two facilities about 1/2 a mile apart. Our Equipment area has an old Hybrid System that privately labeled, but uses the Smart-Pss Program. (Dahua?) All my cameras there are IP cameras. I currently have 7 cameras set up there, but plan a minimum of 10.

My Office/Store has a newer hybrid system and only has CVI/TVI cameras hooked to it. That system is private labeled, but I am sure it is a Hikvision DVR. I use the iVMS-4200 software at the office/store.

I am planning on setting up a Ubiquity Bridge between the two facilities and want to be able to use the iVMS-4200 software to view all the cameras.

So, I am thinking I need a Hikvision NVR. I already have single cables run to each barn and garage with POE routers at each location so don't really need a POE NVR.

I want to be able to record 4K, but full time 4K monitoring is not necessary. Can someone please recommend me an NVR?

Hi. It depends on your iP camera setup …. Are your cameras on a Poe switch or Poe via nvr 

also when you say record in 4K do you have 4K cameras

I currently have 4K cameras. They are connected different ways. Some to a POE switch with a line back to a passive hub at the DVR. Some with power injectors and then through a Ubiquity bridge back to the passive hub.