Sign in to follow this  
sktn77a

Lorex LNC cameras

A friendly notification for Lorex LNC camera owners.

I have been using the Lorex LNC204/LNC216/LNC234 cameras for several years now along with their L-View software.  The cameras record to an on-board Micro SD card or to a local Network Attached Storage device.  Has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. 

HOWEVER..........  The latest Windows 10 update (Jan 2022) causes an exception error (.NET) when setting up cameras in the L-View software and no amount of re-installing/re-setting/rollback has worked.  So, interfacing them with a NAS is no longer possible.

Just a warning to any Lorex LNC camera owners to keep a device available with an older version of Windows 10 and windows update disabled if you ever want to access the cameras again with L-View.  (I have an older laptop that I don't use - it's now dedicated to this service!)

Keith

LVIEW.jpg

True (mine are six years old).  But in any event, they are still functioning just fine for their stated purpose and will continue to do so if owners can avoid updating Windows to manage them.

35 minutes ago, sktn77a said:

True (mine are six years old).  But in any event, they are still functioning just fine for their stated purpose and will continue to do so if owners can avoid updating Windows to manage them.

Always best to keep windows upto date ….. no point risking pc security or function for a $15 …. 9 year old camera 

which it’s self has no support for last 4 years either pc or both app stores

apps Also no security updates for 4 years and will be removed from app stores 

yes there lorex branded but are infact xmeye cameras and will still run on there platform 

lorex was also sold 3 years ago and now have there own but run on the dahua platform 

OK, after some extensive digging around on the internet I found out that these cameras are actually made by Starvedia.  The Starvedia website has an app for these cameras called CamView, which is basically Lorex L-View without the .net dependency.  And it works!!!  So Lorex LNC-2XX camera owners can uninstall L-View and install CamView and (for at least some time into the future) keep their cameras running.

I'm hoping that this post will get indexed on Google search so that other Lorex camera owners can find it.

As a follow-up to my original post, I've discovered a slight glitch in using the StarVedia CamView software with the Lorex LNC cameras.  While it allows you to access the camera's web interface locally (which Lorex L-view no longer does) you cannot use it to view the cameras remotely.  I guess this is because it does not communicate with the Lorex central servers. 

So you'll need both software packages to continue using the cameras to their full capabilities.

And yet another glitch/follow-up:  while you can access the camera's web interface, you can not direct the NAS recording output to a NAS - it appears to locked in to a Windows Appdata hidden directory, no matter where you direct it in the camera's web interface settings.  And they no longer record to the SD card - so there's no way to use them for anything other than live viewing on your phone.  And, of course, there's no sign of life from Lorex's "technical Support"!

I guess its time to replace them all with Eufys.

☹️