Drod714

Coax F connector on one end and bnc on the other?

Hello all,

I found this site when I searched for a question exactly like this one here: https://www.cctvforum.com/topic/15474-rg59-coax-f-connector-on-one-end-and-bnc-on-the-other/

I am setting up this camera to transmit to a TV 300 ft away over R6 coax cable: https://bzbgear.com/product/bg-vptz-hsu3-ptz-full-hd-1080p-10x-20x-30x-zoom-hdmi-sdi-usb-3-0-live-streaming-camera/

I attached this adapter to the Ftype connector on one end of R6 coax cable and plugged in to the camera.

The other end is connected to a TV through the ANT coax port on the back.

The TV is not receiving a video signal. Is there any issues with the hardware used or are they settings on the camera that need to be adjusted? (resolution/encoding/etc.)

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Drod714 said:

The other end is connected to a TV through the ANT coax port on the back.

Hi you won’t get anything to run on the ANT it is frequency only 

using your SDI from camera gives you two options 

buy a SDI monitor (broadcast type) which cost a lot 

or convert your SDI signal to HDMI which is the cheapest option with something like the

blackmagic SDI to hdmi converter box 

9 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi you won’t get anything to run on the ANT it is frequency only 

using your SDI from camera gives you two options 

buy a SDI monitor (broadcast type) which cost a lot 

or convert your SDI signal to HDMI which is the cheapest option with something like the

blackmagic SDI to hdmi converter box 

Thank you! I'll look into the blackmagic convertor.

We also have this modulator (see image attached) that was used previously with a different camera.

A video cable used a BNC Male to RCA Female Adapter to plug into the SDI port on the camera then plugged into this modulator.

The TV still received no video signal with this. It did receive audio through the modulator using this RCA audio cable that plugged directly into a wireless mic receiver.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here where a previous camera had provided video to the TV?

Thanks again,

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 11.39.17 AM.png