jeromephone

Bosch PTZ info

Does anyone have access to manuals etc for some BOSCH outdoor PTZ cameras. These are around 4 years old. And the former supplier left no manuals with the customer. I have some numbers we got off from one of the cameras but I dont know if they are part numbers serial numbers etc. we want to run these off from a geovison server if possible but I need to find out what protocol they support addresses etc. Thanks

Ok thanks does anyone know if Geo will support that protocol I have installed some bosch cameras recently and can change them to Pelco P and they work fine. There was no contoller they ran off from DESCA dvr and looking at the setup on the servers did not give me a lot of info.

I called my supplier and he gave me the BOSCH tech support number and one of the choices is manuals so I guess I should have started there. Thanks for everyone's help and I will post if I get these working with geovision

Only recent Dome cameras, last year or so from Bosch support Pelco protocols, from memory so unless Geo does BiPhase then I doubt it will work, you can however get a PIT (Protocol Interface Translator?) Controller that can convert from say Biphase to whatever protocol you wish to have ..IE from Biphase to Pelco or you could buy Biphase to some other brand, depending on what keyboard you have or what Matrix or DVR you are using...but these are usually fairly expensive becasue they are usually designed to handle multiple PTZ's off a matrix.

It would be worth trying the Pelco Protocol though just in case and I would check to see if you can buy the interface they used when they made the new domes becasue the old domes are the same shape and may allow you slot a card or an add on (I do not know becasue I have never had a look inside much).

~ I hope this helps