Gazzer160

SuperLive plus

4 hours ago, Gazzer160 said:

Camera automatically changing from  super definition to low definition any ideas?

Hi. How old is your recorder ?

it’s depends on your internet speed and bandwidth 

41 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Settings > system > middle of screen you need to click app adaptation 

can't find this on super live plus?

9 hours ago, sharase said:

You could use a software program to change the resolution of your camera on the fly, without having to go through the hassle of changing it every time you want to take a picture.

You are very right ……. But it has a name 

SuperLive plus

An old thread, but the same question. The app defaults to the lowest resolution (352x288) every time, on all cameras (just 4 in use), which is ridiculously low. I can of course change the resolution setting, but it's not 'sticky'.

There's no issue with bandwidth here (connection is WiFi into my router) and my phone is pretty fast. The only way to stop this is to disable the DVR's "App Live Self adaption" which then gives the resolution I want, except it pops up a message on the app "Subcode stream adaptation is not turned on" every single time I view the stream (and change the camera channel).

FYI: Two cameras are 1920x1080, the other two are 704x576, stream settings are all default (auto) settings, i.e. VBR, quality higher, bit rates are 1024kbps and 512kbps

DVR is a Viper 5MPL-8BB

Any help/advice on this will be appreciated.

Hi. Switch self adaptation off on your phone app …. Under local settings …… top left button. 

then go to a camera on your normal app screen …. At bottom you will see a square with a pic of an eye …. Click on that then click high definition then back to normal screen then again click the same box with eye in it and select super definition and that will then hold your settings 

other problems can be how your getting data to your recorder to router …. Is it direct cable or a Wi-Fi device 

Many thanks Tom, problem resolved. Note that, on the app, the setting is "Resolution Adaptation", rather than "self adaptation", should anyone else be looking for that option.

Hi it depends how your setting it 

from app it’s under resolution adaptation 

but you can also set the app on the unit >system and tick app live self adaptation 

how old is your system ??

Only recently bought it, the firmware version no. is ridiculously long - 1.3.8.56598B230207.D0D.U1(8A41N), launch date was 7th July 2023.

I'd turned off the DVR's "App Live Self-adaption" previously, as mentioned before. Only setting that on the DVR resulted in the annoying " "Subcode stream adaptation is not turned on" message when viewing on the app, which has now gone since changing the app settings as you recommended.