J Field

Convert a DVR?

Hi Tom,

Is it possible to convert a GW #1004HDSDI?  The DVR seems to be working fine. To replace any of the camera's is getting expensive.  We've had to replace quite a few of them, in the past.  I was wondering if the DVR can be converted, so that the Anlapus cameras would work?  (We really like this brand you suggested!)   :)    

If not,  then what would you recommend for a new 4 camera system?  

Thank you so much for your time!!   

1 hour ago, J Field said:

so that the Anlapus cameras would work?  (We really like this brand you suggested!

Hi. 
I never suggested any brand ?

and I can say I would never recommend Anlapus cctv equipment…. For a start it’s band in most countries…. It’s apps are also banned in some countries because of the information it collects 

you will pay a lot for SD cameras it only had a short life in the cctv industry and not used anymore so your best changing your recorder for something that does all formats cvi tvi ahd And cvbs …… 4 in 1 recorders and also look out for 5mp in the 4in1 which then allows you to use 2mp upto 5mp cameras

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the info!   You might want to check out your post on Nov 18, 2020.  You helped me with the SM-DVSUPER10.  You didn't "recommend" the Anlapus camera, you merely suggested it, as I had no idea what to get.   You attached a link to help me too!      

I don't even know where to begin to look now, for a new system, with the things you mentioned.   Drats!  

Thanks again for your time!  

Hi nov 18 does take you to anlaplus but not at the time. I sent a uk link but looks like amazon changed to equivalent 

mine was a turret camera 

we’re are you based 

Oh wow!   That's amazing, if you are in the UK!!  AND that Amazon was able to do that. 

I'm in Calif.    

Oh wow!   That's amazing, if you are in the UK!!  AND that Amazon was able to do that. 

I'm in Calif.    

Hi Tom,

I was searching and searching and got stuck!  I have no idea what size of a HDD needs to go, with a 4 in 1 and up to 5 mp cameras. I couldn't find any recorders with camera combo systems.  It's all separate.  I was hoping to find a budget friendly system, to replace this current one.  

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!!   

Thank You!!   

Hi Tom,

I was searching and searching and got stuck!  I have no idea what size of a HDD needs to go, with a 4 in 1 and up to 5 mp cameras. I couldn't find any recorders with camera combo systems.  It's all separate.  I was hoping to find a budget friendly system, to replace this current one.  

Thank You!!   

3 hours ago, J Field said:

Hi Tom,

Thank You!!   

Hi I have sent you a pm 

these are one of the best units on market and best full function app

Hi Tom, 

I've been gone all day and just got home.  It looks great!  It looks like it needs a hard drive. What H.D. do I need to buy with it?  Also what cameras would work best with it? 

I know you are a busy man and I do appreciate all your time and help!!  

Thank You!!!!    

Hi Tom, 

I've been gone all day and just got home.  It looks great!  It looks like it needs a hard drive. What H.D. do I need to buy with it?  Also what cameras would work best with it? 

Thank You!!!!    

Hi Tom, 

Thank You!!!!    

Hi if your buying from the link … I would ask them to install the hard drive 

1tb will give you just under 25 day’s recording 

type of camera …. The good thing about that dvr is it takes any camera format upto 5mp

so any camera will do 

Hi!

I briefly chatted with them and they said a hard drive doesn't come with that model and that it's very old. She gave me a newer model number to check out.  She also suggested a camera, but it costs $170.-  That is way more then I planned to pay. $680.- plus tax is not in the budget for 4 cameras!   :(   

When it comes to buying surveillance equipment, I usually buy the wrong cameras, cables etc.  I'm afraid I'd pick the wrong camera.   Thanks to you, I know I'm on the right track!!  :)   If you can point me in the right direction for a camera/s I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thank you Tom!   

Hi!

I briefly chatted with them and they said a hard drive doesn't come with that model and that it's very old. She gave me a newer model number to check out.  She also suggested a camera, but it costs $170.-  That is way more then I planned to pay. $680.- plus tax is not in the budget for 4 cameras!   :(   

When it comes to buying surveillance equipment, I usually buy the wrong cameras, cables etc.  I'm afraid I'd pick the wrong camera.   Thanks to you, I know I'm on the right track!!  :)   If you can point me in the right direction for a camera/s I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thank you Tom!   

2 hours ago, J Field said:

it's very old. She gave me a newer model number to check out.  She also suggested a camera, but it costs $170.-  That is way more then I planned to pay. $680.

Hi you are right not to buy at those stupid prices …… as far as her saying old then she lies …… only difference is one is 5mp and the other is 4K ….. software is exactly the same 

they don’t make that system they only rebadge it is infact a TVT system

so ignore that company just trying to rip you off 

is it just 4 camera system you need ?

and are you capable putting in a hard drive (4 screws 2 wires) 5 min job

Hi,

Yes!!  Just a 4 camera system.   I shall install a hard drive, if need be!!  :)    I'm going to surf the net and find a better price, for the dvr!

Have a great day!!   

I just had a chat with the handyman.  He is concerned about the current wiring will be different then what the new system will have. 

If that's the case, aren't there adapters or connectors or ??? to connect them?   He won't go in the attic.  (We don't have very big attics here).

Thanks!

I just had a chat with the handyman.  He is concerned about the current wiring will be different then what the new system will have

Hi. With a dvr nothing in the wiring has changed since 1951 (since bnc)

but also with a dvr it can run on all cable types most used is coax and cat5 and you can check which cable type you have by looking at the back of your unit 

also check your pm for a recorder

Thank You!!  Great price.  It looks like it will need a hard drive, b-cuz I didn't see it listed, in the description.  Any luck finding budget friendly cameras that will work?  

I'm still looking!  

Hi,

I've been spinning my wheels here and have found a camera that I hope will work.  I don't know if it's considered a good brand or not?!?!  

ENS  SCC75B4/28-U.  It's 99.- for 1.   I don't know if I can get something for less or not.  If so, I sure haven't found it yet!   Can you check this one out and see what you think?   I'd really appreciate your opinion.  Oh, sp security is where I found it!    

I think it's the connectors that the handyman was talking about.  The current old cameras have 3 connectors, where as the Anlapus has 2 and can't replace the other cameras.  Isn't there an adapter or ?, so that the replacement cameras with 2 connectors can work?  I think that's why he said he wouldn't rewire a new system.  

I'm looking forward to getting a new system to replace this old one and I sure hope it's a simple fix with the connectors.  

Thank you Tom!!       

P.S. It's only 2:30 a.m. and I hope this all makes sense!!