personalt

Geovision Over Proxy Server

Can you access Geovision if you are behind a proxy server? At my jobsite we have a proxy server between us and the internet.

When I go to the geovision demo sites I can get the menus to load but when I try and display live video I dont see anything. I was thinking about getting a geovision setup for our other office location but we want to make sure we can connect from the other office.

We dont have any lans between the office so we would have to go out over the internet. The use of the proxy server is mandated by another group and I dont have the power to change that.

Totally depends on the proxy, and what it is set up to allow OR it could be something simple like activex is turned off in the browser, or javascript or whatever geo uses, or the could only be allowing certain content through.

Check your browser to see if it has the features enabled that are required for whatever demo you are using, then if no joy, I would try asking the people who set up the proxy to see if they can allow the sites you require.

If its for the protection of the business then they should have no problem with it, unless they do have a problem with it, in which case they would not allow you to do it anyways.