Eastwood901

Question about WIFI IP cam and NVR and a lil bit networking

Hi everyone! 

I have some cctv networking problem..

But first I want to ask a question. Is it possible for a Wifi IP camera connected to a LAN network, then connect them to a NVR while still having remote access?
If yes, what network set up I need to do? And what equipment I need to buy? 
If no? Do you have any suggestion on what i should do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR                                                                                                                                                                                   |

Can I have my NVR connect to my other cameras, that ia on another network? If yes how? If not what should i do?      |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little backstory first.

So my office was installing a surveilance system, and wanted a few key person have access to the system all the time (via remote viewing) so we bought 8 imou wifi IP camera and imou NVR. We had imou representative team (i assume) to install everything for us, but they ran into a problem. They said our network's wifi range is not wide enough so not all the camera can get conected  to the network, and they only managed to connect 4 out of 8. Then I ask them that very question (see the first paragraph after greetings). And they said it is not their job to provide network solution and was hoping that we can solve it ourselves.

What they suggest to us was to extend our wireless network range so all the cameras can connect on the same network. But we cant just extend the wireless range, it could be costly. Because I have zero experiemce about this kimd of thing. And their representative (or sales) could not create their own camera network for our office.

Right now I only have 4 cameras connected to the NVR and the rest of the camera connected to the imou life app on different network (which is not ideal because the security room needed to have access to the other 4). Then I have another question to ask. Can my NVR connect to my other cameras that on different network? 
If yes, could you point me to a reference so i can learn more about it? Or if you can guide me that would be appreciated.
If not, do you have any suggestion on what should i do? 

Thank you for everyone who taken the time to read and helped me! Apreciated it!

14 hours ago, Eastwood901 said:

Hi everyone! 

I have some cctv networking problem..

But first I want to ask a question. Is it possible for a Wifi IP camera connected to a LAN network, then connect them to a NVR while still having remote access?
If yes, what network set up I need to do? And what equipment I need to buy? 
If no? Do you have any suggestion on what i should do?

TL;DR                                                                                                                                                                                   |

Can I have my NVR connect to my other cameras, that ia on another network? If yes how? If not what should i do?      |

A little backstory first.

So my office was installing a surveilance system, and wanted a few key person have access to the system all the time (via remote viewing) so we bought 8 imou wifi IP camera and imou NVR. We had imou representative team (i assume) to install everything for us, but they ran into a problem. They said our network's wifi range is not wide enough so not all the camera can get conected  to the network, and they only managed to connect 4 out of 8. Then I ask them that very question (see the first paragraph after greetings). And they said it is not their job to provide network solution and was hoping that we can solve it ourselves.

What they suggest to us was to extend our wireless network range so all the cameras can connect on the same network. But we cant just extend the wireless range, it could be costly. Because I have zero experiemce about this kimd of thing. And their representative (or sales) could not create their own camera network for our office.

Right now I only have 4 cameras connected to the NVR and the rest of the camera connected to the imou life app on different network (which is not ideal because the security room needed to have access to the other 4). Then I have another question to ask. Can my NVR connect to my other cameras that on different network? 
If yes, could you point me to a reference so i can learn more about it? Or if you can guide me that would be appreciated.
If not, do you have any suggestion on what should i do? 

Thank you for everyone who taken the time to read and helped me! Apreciated it!

Hi. I have come across this unit before and you should not expect much from a $70 system

as far as the Wi-Fi range ……this has nothing to do with your company network

its wireless cam to wireless base (nvr) it’s not using your network and for the cost of the unit I would either return it or look for a better solution and not spend any more on the imou