sunnyny

IC Realtime Flex DVR

Anyone using the IC Realtime flex 4 channel DVR. Need the good and bad about the unit -

Setup of the unit (user rights, TCP/IP setup, ftp upload)

Motion detection

Remote viewing thru internet (does unit lockup, how good is the search function)

Log files (alarm log, user log in)

Alarm (upload to ftp site)

Thank you

Setup of the unit (user rights, TCP/IP setup, ftp upload).......user admin is easy. looks and feels like a regular Microsoft OS envionment. You can admin it local (sitting at the DVR) or via the network. up & down are easy. Firmware upgrades are also simple via the network as ICRealtime support has been very easy to contact via phone and WEB.

Motion detection.............have not seen any issues. BUT, I normally run my instaled DVR's 24/7 as the H.264 compression offered allows me to let them record non-stop and still attain my historic video requirements.

Remote viewing thru internet (does unit lockup, how good is the search function)....................unit(s) have not locked up at all. search function is a breeze, just put in time frame, date, and it quickly responds. Triplex allows viewing while recording, playback, ect.

Log files (alarm log, user log in)...............log file are accurate. logs all accesses. one important note is that ICReal also provides, via firmware, the ability to restrict only IP address you program into the DVR which adds security to your system. alarm........pretty much it happens and it is logged, and you can search via alarm also.

Alarm (upload to ftp site)..................not sure what you are asking here. alarm triggered and DVR sends video to a FPT? The DVR has a hard drive in it and the video recorded on it. Uploading any video to any FTP site requires a very reliable and LARGE bandwidth requirement. I use DVR lockboxes................

hope this helps

I have 1 one unit that has a problem with remote viewing. After about a minute of connecting remotely, the videos turn green and checkered ( likes a chess board). I still havn't got that corrected.

313-313,

Please download the latest software for our flex DVR. You can find the remote client software here: http://www.icrealtime.com/support/support.asp. This problem had been solved a long time ago, and had nothing to do with our software or DVR. If you are experiencing this problem via IE please follow these steps:

-Click Start and Run

-Type regsvr32 /u webrec.ocx and press enter

-Reconnect via IE and download the ActiveX when prompted

These steps will ensure proper streaming without any problems. Why have you not called our tech support line? Where did you purchase this DVR?

Please PM me with any other questions.

Thanks,

Andrew@ICRealtime.com

Bought it from you Andrew @ Icrealtime. Called a few times and talked to the sales rep and tech support. They told me to change the frame rate. Did that but still there. Will try your suggestion in the previous post