Tracey

Remote control not working

hi im using marmitek powermid xl transmitter and receiver for my cctv. We have just changed to hikvision dvr from concept-pro, but for some reason all im getting is "channel doesnt exist ". The notification only goes off when I unplug the transmitter and receiver, yet the remote and marmitek powermid has worked on the last 2 dvr,s we have had. Only change is that this dvr is a hybrid. Any ideas thankyou 

Edited by Tracey

Hi … not seen one of those for years 

if your getting the warning on your screen then it’s not the sender units ….. they don’t control any part of your system 

what happends when you use the dvr remote direct ?

how is recorder connected to remote monitor 

Its connected by hdmi, it has got to be a problem with the dvr or cameras as we have always used the remote control with other cctv we had, and it worked fine. It just won't work on this for some reason

1 hour ago, Tracey said:

it has got to be a problem with the dvr or cameras

Hi it can’t be dvr or cameras as the pyramid does not connect to monitor or dvr direct it is only a remote control extender… so it’s impossible for it to put commands on your screen

what happends if you use remote control pointed direct to recorder without pyramid connected (powered up)

I think you will find it is another problem

are you using a tv or monitor ?

has it always been connected via HDMI ?

I can tell by the equipment your using that your in the UK …. Which area

We are in South Yorkshire, if i use the remote without pyramids it doesn't work at all, its on an android tv,and yes its always been on hdmi, it will only half work with the pyramids, and then the notification keeps coming up saying channel doesnt exist

17 minutes ago, Tracey said:

if i use the remote without pyramids it doesn't work at all,

Ok then your remote is not paired with your dvr

but with your pyramid still unplugged go to your tv with the remote from dvr and point it at the tv …… see if it’s talking with tv 

you should get the message up you are saying you get

but again this has nothing to do with your pyramid 

once you have done this test I’ll talk you setting up your remote

51 minutes ago, Tracey said:

Its not the tv remote im using its the one that comes with the dvr thats not working 

Yes I understand that ….. but the only way you can get a message on your tv screen other than from dvr is if the remote control that is used for the dvr also talks with your tv frequency…. I’m just asking you to test that

Yes I did test it, it didn't do anything at all, the only way that message comes up is if we plug the pyramids in. Its quite odd really

It’s not odd …. Please forget about your pyramids for now they have nothing to do with your problem

on your remote for the dvr do you have a button marked DEV ….. it used to be top right

3 minutes ago, Tracey said:

Yes I have

Ok then you need to switch the power off on your pyramids

then point the remote control at your dvr

Press DEV button then pres 255 then press enter

this should pair your remote upto dvr 

now you can connect your pyramids back up also keeping in mind one unit is send and one is receive