DeathtoToasters1

New User needs opinions

Hi There,

I just got my security system installed at my home and am wondering if I am getting a good result or not.

Below are two pictures of my camera views at night. The first one is WITH the porch lights on around the home. The second one is with the porch lights OFF.

The place I purchased them at is saying that it is a normal picture, but something is just not looking right to me.

Here are the specs on the cameras:

Optical Technology Base COLOR 1/4" CCD

Picture Elements (Horz x Vert in mm) EIA/NTSC: 542H x 496V - CCIR/PAL: 542H x 586V

Resolution 420 Lines

Housing High Impact IP66 Casing

Minimun Illumination 0Lux

IR Leds 23 High

Video Output 1V p-p, 75 ohms

Power Supply DC12V 350mA

Lens 6mm Fixed Lens

Operating Temperature -10° C to +50° C (w/ Housing)

With porch lights ON:

48491_1.png

With the lights OUT.

48491_2.png

Please note that two pictures in the first row (middle and right) have a 120 LED IR beam emmiter already showing in the backyard in ADDITION to the 23 leds ALREADY in each dome housing.

Please tell me if I am wrong or correct on this. I need to speak to him later today.

Thanks

DTT

Are you using a fisheye lens on the bottom left, or is it the camera sitting far back in a housing? It appears that the center bottom camera is grossly out of focus.

Optical Technology Base COLOR 1/4" CCD

Picture Elements (Horz x Vert in mm) EIA/NTSC: 542H x 496V - CCIR/PAL: 542H x 586V

Resolution 420 Lines

Housing High Impact IP66 Casing

Minimun Illumination 0Lux

IR Leds 23 High

Video Output 1V p-p, 75 ohms

Power Supply DC12V 350mA

Lens 6mm Fixed Lens

Operating Temperature -10° C to +50° C (w/ Housing)

Is this a day night camera, does it mention anything about a IR cut filter, just the specs say its a colour ccd and colour ccd's are not infra red sensitive, unless the camera is specifically designed to switch to mono at night.

Its also a 1/4 inch ccd, which is pretty small, and the smaller the ccd the less sensitive to light it will be, in general.

Have you shone that other led light at the camera, does it flood the camera with light (if it does, and it looks really bright, then the camera is ir sensitive). If it just shows, but is not like a floodlight then its not ir sensitive. Even a remote control could be used, point it at the cam and hold down a button, and see if it picks up the IR light really well.

On the second row of pics the first pic looks like either the cam is to far back in a housing, or more likely the lens is wrong, as you can see what looks like the lens case around the outside.

o idea whats going on with the second picture on that row, looks like it may be out of focus maybe, what is it meant to be showing?

The third pic also shows something odd, like a reflection of something round.

Hi, looks like a budget Color IR camera .. they dont have IR Cut Filters ..

Basically you need something like the Extreme UF100 or UF500 IR's to really do something in those larger areas ... those 2, the East Side and West side should be doing alot better than that though, dont need a whole lot of IR for those short areas .. you can try adjusting the camera physically so the IR reflects off something such as the wall .. if it doesnt reach the wall then there isnt much else can do with that.

Another thing, IR cameras need alot of cleaning .. thats why it would look even dirtier at night when you dont see it much in the day. Basically anytime it rains it needs a clean ... also, any camera that is being used with IR must be adjusted at night in the dark and under the darkest conditions.

What did you pay for each camera if you dont mind?

(no links please just price, thanks)

I think rory may be right, it looks like some of them need a clean, you need to be carefull because the LED's will reflect off dirty glass, also just check...although highly unlikely, but some cheap cameras with led's built in have a clear piece of plastic over the front of the glass to protect the glass and if you do not remove this you can have issues, the halo effect you can see is typical of cheap LED's built into a camera, but you said you had external ones so that is surprising

the top 2 middle and right one are the ones with external IR .. its the cameras from what I can tell .. they are budget IR dome Cameras ..

here is an image of the camera ..

CD35VPIR-23_b.jpg