Sign in to follow this  
MartinP

Floureon CCTV power

I have a Floureon FDD1228 8 cam system (using 4 Cams) and it has died after almost 3 years of good service :classic_sad:

When applying power from the 12V DC "brick" no sign of life is apparent, no lights, no HDD activity. The "brick" PSU is fine, outputting 12V and is fine under load.

Further investigation reveals that when ANY 12V DC PSU is plugged in to the unit, the voltage drops to almost Zero, although monitoring with a Fluke DVM shows the voltage momentarily and repeatedly rising from Zero to around 0.6V and back down.

I cannot see any "fried" components within the unit, nor any "blown" capacitors, and the HDD is fine. So I am hoping against hope that someone has had a similar experience, and managed to remedy 🤞

Floureon support are non-responsive!!

TIA

On 9/8/2022 at 12:39 AM, tomcctv said:

Hi what size power supply are you using just for the dvr

what happens when you remove the hard drive and then power dvr up

Hi Tomcctv,

Yes I had tried that, and the results were the same. With no HDD installed and no cameras attached the 12V supply is dragged down to practically zero.

The PSU for the DVR is the supplied 12V 2Amp unit, and I have tried a different 12V supply (5Amp) which is known to be good.

Martin

No further help here, or from Floureon so unit binned, and an Annke unit purchased (£50 / no HDD)

Working fine and interface is much better to my mind.