bernstma

Lorex 4K IP Camera RJ45 Pin1 Broken, need pin out help

I have a Lorex NVR IP camera system I purchased at Costco.  All the cameras are POE and a I ran a RJ45 line for each camera back to the NVR that came with the kit that powers the cameras.  Recently, one of the camera's wasn't connecting to the the NVR.  After troubleshooting and resetting the camera, and testing the RJ45 cable run I found out that Pin 1 on the RJ45 is broken and not providing a signal on the tester.  I saw online that there is a way to use only 4 or 6 pairs out of the 8 twisted pair in the RJ45 without having to re-run the line.   Does anyone know the pin outs for this Lorex camera?   I would like to just add two new terminated RJ45 connectors with the wires routed to hopefully power the camera without having to rerun the home line all through the outside of my house.

It is the Lorex 4K IP Camera Model # E892AB-Z

Hi. There is no point cutting corners   The cables from lorex are not the best and already let you down … I would replace 

going from 6 core to 4 is also not a good idea 

infact pin 1 is not power it is Tdata

4&5 is power + and 7&8 is power -

putting new ends on is simple using T568B wire diagram which is standard

Hi. So are you suggesting I rerun the line for this camera. It will take me hours and of course.  Is there anyway to tell where the break in the RJ45 cable could be? 

Hi there are a couple of ways  …. Move wire 8 from rj45 and use that as 1 (both ends) but you might loose ir 

Or you could buy a tp-link Ethernet over power and not use the damaged cat cable at all

as far as finding the break ….. it is usually at the rj45 ends ….. but worth looking along cable run paying attention to cable clips that might of been too tight or areas were it bends  around corners  but if it has worked in the past it is unlikely to be a cable break …. Usually it’s the power cable side of the rj45 that gives the problem

i would look at cable run and see if it has any loose runs ….. we’re the cable could be moving with wind or under stress from dropping down

can you power the camera locally if needed

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa717-kit/

• Like 1

Hi. I can’t power it locally based on its location. That’s why I got the system because all the cameras are POE through the cables. I ran the wires up the soffit it’s the camera for my front door entrance. The entire run goes along the soffit and I have vinyl siding in the soffit. I then goes around a corner and through a hole on side of my house underneath siding where I ran all the cables through.  It was the biggest pain in the ass ever.  Everything was working fine for a year and then suddenly I noticed the one camera was trying to get an IP address different than the rest and was black no picture.  I tested the camera locally to the NVR with another RJ45 cable and no problems. I tested the original cable and all the numbers go down the tester no problem except pin 1. I assume pin 1 is the orange/white strip I have to look at the RJ45 diagram again of 568b

Hi then I would swap over two wires 

pin 1 (orange/white) I would swap with pin 8 (brown)

so you have this 

pins

1= brown

2= orange 

3= green/white

4= blue

5= blue/white

6= green

7= brown/white

8= orange/white

and do this at both ends of your cat5

Ok.. I tried it and the camera didn't power.  I started to eliminate and keep making new rj45 ends by swapping out the pin 1 orange/white wire with each other wires 2-7.   The camera powered but no picture when I swapped out for pin 7.   I tried pin 8,7,6 and pin 4. and it comes back as communication failed to retrieve data.  I will try to do pin 2,3, and 5 and see what happens.