lemike

outdoor detection

hi,

i'm searching for reliable outdoor pir, the area to protect is 30meters by 2 meters wide, something like ernitec eagle pir 045H would be great (i need heathing too)

if you have any other recommandations...

thanks in advance

Michael

Optex PIRs work pretty good, they have one that does about 75' x 6' for outdoor use. Not affected by sunsets, car headlights.

some cats & dogs may walk thru the detection area, i plan to connect those pirs to my dvr, when they will be activated the dvr will send a signal to the alarm board and the surveillance platform will connect to the cctv system to check if there is an intruder, so i need a near 0 false alarm pir,

do you think that it is possible? i mean, if there is an alarm everynight the surveillance platform will become crazy....

I have done several installs lately with the extreme px100 uf500 bundle along with a couple of different optex long range pir's. ( depending on the application requirements.) And so if anyone comes on the property it will alarm to the monitoring company while they visually verify. The optex pirs willl walk the ptz by the alarm inputs and outputs.

It works pretty good. The things you have to watch out for are:

1: make sure you surface is not going to be swaying at all.

2: that you check to see that the intruder is not a deer! Man we have seen some big ones.

some cats & dogs may walk thru the detection area, i plan to connect those pirs to my dvr, when they will be activated the dvr will send a signal to the alarm board and the surveillance platform will connect to the cctv system to check if there is an intruder, so i need a near 0 false alarm pir,

do you think that it is possible? i mean, if there is an alarm everynight the surveillance platform will become crazy....

we always used beams for external protection, as we want 0 false alarms. Ofcourse proper installation of the beams will also determine whether you get false alarms or not. This was in the Burglar Alarm industry though so was a little more important not to have false alarms.

I like the optex beams too, but in some applications its not practical to run a wire for the far beam. For instance I installed a Optex outdoor PIR connected to a Vista 20 panel, with a NearNet radio/cell comminicator to protect a construction site.

I also installed 2 stobe lights and 2 outdoor sirens, along with a CCTV system. One night the local crackhead jumped the fence, it was funny as hell to watch the playback, see him step into the detection area, see the strobes flashing, and then watch him go airborne to get back over the fence.