Sign in to follow this  
coltswalker

Hikvision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW

I am looking at the camera model DS-2CV2041G2-IDW and the variants (which look identical with subtle model differences I guess) and have been advised that it is required to install proprietary software (an exe software application) on a Windows computer to even program aka configure this camera.  This is a deal breaker for a number of reasons but mostly our linux workstations won't run well exe applications written for microsoft.   Also, dubious executable from China... need I say more?

Is _anyone_ here using an IP network camera (outdoor model) that can be programmed by simply going to a default IP via web browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

- or -

Has anyone used this particular camera and can advise if there is a way to program and configure it via the web browser?  I don't think a lot of these eBay sellers know what they are talking about when I try to ask them.  I would rather get feedback here.

%E5%8F%B3%E8%A7%86%E5%9B%BE.png.thumb.12

Hi. I would look at cctv instead of built in Wi-Fi cameras which are smart cameras not cctv

in your other post I was asking wireless range 

does each location use the same power ?

and I would give hikvision a miss since there having problems again with private data