Rudie

Onyx 4-in-1 16ch dvr with 2.4mp coax domes

Hi

i currently have an onyx 4-in-1 16ch dvr running coax to 15 dome cams mainly external 2.4mp onyx hd cams over coax using tvi. Daytime pics are great, nighttime is ok, not the best.

my question is that what is the max camera resolution I can get from current setup?

contemplating upgrading to a 4k system but not sure whether to stick with onyx or switch to Hikvision as im seeing these everywhere now?

any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi. 16 channel… is this home or business system

I would not go hikvision …. No point buying problems

swapping a 16 cam system can be expensive done all in one go. So I would go with first changing the recorder to a hybrid. This then allows you to swap out your existing cameras any time

thanks tom. will take ur advice on hikvision. its for home, mainly external but some smaller cams internally on access points.

would i be able to go 4k with the hybrid solution? if so are there any u recommend?

thanks.

Hi yes you can go 4K ….. but in most cases 4K on all cameras just takes away your footage storage space unless you buy bigger hard drives

i would still use a mix of 2mp upto 8 mp …. Having 4 or 5mp cameras protecting small areas is good enough in most cases 4K in large outdoor areas makes sense 

I would look at the viper units …. They have the best remote app on the market we’re you have full control and also footage burn off and send via email

Thanks Tom, so would I need to stick with qvis cameras for both ip and coax? Or am I able to mix camera brands with this dvr? Dvr looks like exactly what I need, will stick with same internal cams I think as u advised.

Hi yes the viper can use any make of cctv cameras both analog and iP upto 4K also with or without audio. (Audio is good for front door and car parking area)

Hi. Not a problem …. You can buy these local if your near a city 

also please check back with which prices you find ….. some sellers are putting 60% on

VIPER-4K-8

£300 with 2tb hdd from europe (asked for quote withouth hdd) to £360 for a barebone unit in UK (i have 4tb hdd already)

Q4K-TUR-FW36

Around £50each

Hi that is expensive…… and the camera you have listed is old model turret 

From Europe you will also pay duty 

what part of uk are you in