Ahmed Abdulla

HikVision IVMS - 4200 live view issue - remote locations only

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing good and safe . One of my customers has local and remote Hikvision NVRs . He has IVMS-4200 installed on a local server with the local NVR . This IVMS-4200 used for live view for IP Cameras connected to both local and remote NVRs . Kindly find the below notes:

• Using Hik-connect software from any android device , Live view is working as expected for all IP Cameras connected to local & remotes NVRs.
  • Using IVMS-4200 software , Live view is working as expected for all IP Cameras connected to local NVR (on same LAN as IVMS-4200).
  • Using IVMS-4200 software ,Live view for all IP Cameras connected to remote NVRs gives the error "Reconnecting . Error Code open SDK String Error [105] . (Playing video failed.) "

So kindly advice how to solve the above issue ?

Thx in advance.

Best Regards

This is a communication error with the NVR.

Check your network settings on the NVR, and ensure all settings are correct for your LAN (IP Address, Subnet, default gateway and DNS working) 

Also test your port forwarding rules on the firewall to allow the traffic.

Hi Sinbad

Thx for your replay . Kindly find my below notes:

• Network settings on NVR is ok.
  • We have tested without firewall and we face the same issue.

Let me share with you that , on the same server with the same internet connection , I installed Android emulator named MEMU (similar to Blue Stacks) where i download Hik-Connect application under android . Once done , The issue has been disappeared and live view for all IP Cameras connected to either local and remote NVRs worked and streamed as expected.

It seems that iVMS-4200 has an issue when live view for remote IP Cameras connected to remote NVRs.

Does you or anyone in this forum experience any issue with iVMS-4200 when live view for remote IP Cameras connected to remote NVRs?

Best Regards

Hik-Connect is reversed proxy, and works over the cloud, so there is no need to open ports in the firewall.

ivms-4200 is direct connection so you will need to specifically allow the ports under Network section to NVR through the Firewall/Router.

Hi Sinbad

Thx for your replay . I just need to clarify that IVMS-4200 is connected to the cloud not directly connected to each NVR using the IP of NVR . When setup iVMS-4200 , We first login to cloud account where all NVRs (Local & Remote)  - that previously joined this cloud account - appears so i can select and add them . 

So i think using IVMS-4200 as above is similar to Hik-Connect . Is that true ?

Best Regards