Sagz77

Qvis Cctv issue

Hi All, 

Iv got 5 Qvis dome cameras installed about 7 years ago, connected to a Qvis Pioneer 8ch dvr. No problems so far, until last week when suddenly all 5 cameras have a grainy picture, worst at night when you can barely see anything, literally pitch black. 

Restarted Dvr, checked hard drive connection and formatted, checked ethernet connections, all look okay. Same issue on App and Monitor connected via hdmi. Just to add its connected via powerline adaptors with ethernet, so I disconnected them in case of interference but same issue. 

All 5 cameras going simultaneously sounds very weird. Could this be a Dvr issue perhaps and it's hit its last legs? 

I'm baffled any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Screenshot_20230104_234636.jpg

Screenshot_20230104_234548.jpg

Hi the good old pioneer….. good units I have lots out 

first thing to look at is in resolution or camera setup you will see a button for PAL and NTCS

it needs to be on PAL for the uk ….. that’s your first place to look 

you could also have a camera that is going bad …….. unplug one camera at a time and see if anything changes

can you post a picture of the camera power supply

Thanks Tom, yes it's definitely PAL. Also attached the pic of the power supply, I had to replace this back in 2018 and got one off Amazon been working fine. 

Also unplugged each one, connected a few to the spare channels (it'd 8ch) but same issue throughout. 

Screenshot_20230105_102340.jpg

Update, I connected 1 camera to the power supply, crystal clear images back to normal. Connected 2 and okay, 3 and okay, as soon as forth one connected all went grainy. So looks like the power supply is down to its last leg and needs replacing? 

Hi. After seeing your pic of power supply I would also say yes …. That looks like a 12v 4 amp power supply which is well under powered for the cameras you have 

also don’t replace with another brick type power supply as problems effect your whole system instead of 1 cam fault 

this is what you should be using because it supplies the right amps to each of your camera ….. 4 or 5 amp power supply is not good for 5 cameras ….. 1.5 amp x 5 = 7.5amp

no pro would use the brick type with pig tail leads

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HAILI-Output-Supply-Switch-Distribution/dp/B07SV1W15G/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?crid=3UYEJZQD7B36U&keywords=cctv+power+supply&qid=1672932606&sprefix=cctv+power+supply%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-14