buzz427

Which GV-1480 to get?

the DVI, the D-type or the Pci express?

all my equiptment can accomdiate either ones so i wasnt to sure what to get.

I was thinking the pci-express but thats only a 1x slot i believe so its prolly almost the same as a pci slot; and i dont know why the dvi would be better?

any help here would be appreciated

Thanks

Buzz

I'm not sure but the only difference between the D shell and DVI seems to be the octopus connector for the cameras.

Anyhow I have the D shell type and it seems to work fine. My monitor is DVI but that connects to the graphics card.

the DVI, the D-type or the Pci express?

all my equiptment can accomdiate either ones so i wasnt to sure what to get.

I was thinking the pci-express but thats only a 1x slot i believe so its prolly almost the same as a pci slot; and i dont know why the dvi would be better?

any help here would be appreciated

Thanks

Buzz

I would get the PCI Express card as it is newer technology and you will be able to use it in future PC's when the PCI slots are no longer available in future systems down the road.

Yeah, just make sure your mother/b has 2 PCIe express slots, since you'll want your video card to be PCIe also.

Yeah, just make sure your mother/b has 2 PCIe express slots, since you'll want your video card to be PCIe also.

If im not mistaken, the pci express slot usually for a video card is a 16x slot where are the regular pci express slots are 1x slot

Now is the pci express version of the 1480 based on a 16x slot or the 1x slot?

i wonder???

It is a PCI-E x1 slot card. It doesn't need the speed of a 16x slot like a graphics card which requires much more bandwidth for games, etc.

Get whichever one your Geo distributor has in stock, and themselves use on a regular basis.

It is a PCI-E x1 slot card. It doesn't need the speed of a 16x slot like a graphics card which requires much more bandwidth for games, etc.

Then the question that remains is what slot has a higher bandwith? the pci express 1x slot or a regular pci slot?

PCI Express x1 is faster than a PCI slot.

A PCI slots bandwidth is 133MBps (32 bit slot), which is shared among all the other slots on the bus.

A PCI Express slot x1 is 5Gbps (400MBps) and has a dedicated connection. X1 slot has 2 lanes for traffic, each lane is 2.5Gbps. A x2 slot would be 4 lanes, which would be 10Gbps and so on.

A x16 slot can carry 6.4 GBps of data (duplex).

that shouldnt affect the video speed though .. same fps ..

i wonder, 16 cameras real time display etc per camera, that much information going thru the bus i wonder if the pci slot is a "bottleneck" and that youd get better performance thru the pci express slot. I mean im sure that its not a problem, just conversation i guess

maybe we need to ask Geo

Or perhaps ill email UDP ... worth a try to see what they say ..

maybe we need to ask Geo

Or perhaps ill email UDP ... worth a try to see what they say ..

Awesome, that be sweet