pollito

Some quick questions...

I have a few questions. I have a CCTV system based on 11 IP cameras and a video recording software. currently the PC being used to record has 350Gb but I have the feeling that it is not enough. all cameras record on motion detection except two.

what storage capacity would be optimum to have at least 2 weeks of recordings?

What is the best medium to backup recordings. format recorded is .jmpeg

What is the recomended frame rate, resolution and image quality?

Thanks

start by setting your resolution & then adjust bytes per frame, frame rate.

recommend frame depends on what you are trying to capture. Slight of hand = higher is better. common area's of public area's = 6 - 10 frames

grass growing = 1 frame

bytes per frame? I use the following; a 320x240 = 25 bytes per frame; a 640x480 = 40 bytes per frame. and adjust for requirements as needed.

storage capacity is easy.........after you are happy with the above settings calculate all your camera's 24 hour usage ...multiply by the number of days required and add 20% for overhead......rainy days, snow storms, windy days, ect.

I use VideoInsight's Archive program. Works very good. But there are many standalone software program available if you look. ie. delanda is one I can remember. Just do a search on the WEB.

bytes per frame? I use the following; a 320x240 = 25 bytes per frame; a 640x480 = 40 bytes per frame. and adjust for requirements as needed.

Hi, VST Man

do you mind to post few pix of "25 bytes " 320x240 please

Thanks

sure, as soon as I figure out how to. last time I tried I had a mess. had to find a place to store it at then "call" it from. has that changed since?

tnx