tyman00

WebDVR not accessible outside of network

Hello,

I have our Kodicom 4400 (I believe) pc cards running in our system (XP Pro). When I try to access WebDVR through our local network it works just fine.

Outside of our network I am having issues. I have tried accessing it through DynDNS and strictly the IP with no luck. I can get the login page but once I try to login I get a "Network Fail" prompt.

opened port 80 on the router. Didn't work. I put the Machine on DMZ didn't work. I switched the remote admin port for the router from 8080 to 8082 didn't work. Made sure 8081 is open, it is.I made sure the windows firewall was off, it's off. No other security software installed on the machine.

I have seen this issue elsewhere on the board, but they seemed to be old threads without answers. Any ideas? I

I never tested that. I would assume I could ping the machine because it was responding to the HTTP requests since it loaded the page.

It turns out switching my remote admin port for the router to 8091 allowed WebDVR to function. I don't know why the router would block traffic to the DVR since the Kodicom ports didn't show 8082 as being used.

I can now easily access the DVR with it on DMZ through WebDVR and DigiNet Remote. Later today when I get some time I am going to take the DVR off of DMZ and start allowing access to it port by port. I will report back with the experience had with certain ports. It won't be entirely accurate since I am not using PTZ or audio, but for the average user it should help.

Thanks for the reply.

Lots of ISPs block port 80 for basic accounts don't use it if you can avoid it. Just because they allow it today doesn't mean they will tomorrow. You can use port forwarding to bring whatever you like back to port 80 internally so you don't need to reconfigure the DVR itself at all.

(I have no clue which ports you need for that DVR.)

I know quite a few people at our ISP. The way it sounds they have no plans to do so, especially for their business accounts (which we have) so I don't forsee any issues there.

I think the whole problem is the remote router admin was on 8080 and I switched it to 8082 since my port listings in my software didn't show 8082 being used for the software.

It works fine now, after I switched the router admin port to 8091.

I did same your guidance but unsuccessful ,please tell me How I can solve this problem ,because i have problem like you .Thanks

hi,

u open 80 port and 8080 to 8090 than works.

try

bye

Hello,

I have our Kodicom 4400 (I believe) pc cards running in our system (XP Pro). When I try to access WebDVR through our local network it works just fine.

Outside of our network I am having issues. I have tried accessing it through DynDNS and strictly the IP with no luck. I can get the login page but once I try to login I get a "Network Fail" prompt.

opened port 80 on the router. Didn't work. I put the Machine on DMZ didn't work. I switched the remote admin port for the router from 8080 to 8082 didn't work. Made sure 8081 is open, it is.I made sure the windows firewall was off, it's off. No other security software installed on the machine.

I have seen this issue elsewhere on the board, but they seemed to be old threads without answers. Any ideas? I

It seems that you're not inputing the right password. Check the setup on your Diginet site, the standard password is 1234. Diginet is really touchy when it comes to changing sitecodes or passwords. I'd recommend to use the given site code (100-001) and just change the password. Another way to check is to use Diginet centre and try to connect from there. For your IP field you would use the domain you created through Dyndns. And your router should have DMZ disabled if you're using DynDns. Hope it helps.