DeathtoToasters1

Sprite 2 Network Issues

Can someone please help me.

For some reason I changed the network settings on my sprite 2, but now I cannot access it via my network.

No biggie....I thought...

Just do a reset on the unit as I didn't really do anything really custom to it.

Well DM told me there are NOT any master reset switches at all.

I don't have a monitor with a BNC input, so I cannot hook it up directly, and all my tv's that have S-Video are on the other side of the house, and trying to lug a 52" tv into a server room...well....that is not going to happen either.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

DTT

Unless its critical that you keep recording, I would just unplug the sprite and take it to the tv, sort it out, then take it back and plug back in.

Unless its critical that you keep recording, I would just unplug the sprite and take it to the tv, sort it out, then take it back and plug back in.

Well I did the next best thing.

Went and bought a $19.99 tv from RadioShack, then bot a SVideo to RCA adapter for $21.99 and was able to hook the small TV from there.

Then got it sorted out.

In the end that was a good buy...I can use it with a few adapters to setup more cameras etc without having to carry my laptop or needing anyone else to see how it all looks.

Thanks for the advice....

BTW - taking the DVR out of the rack is the most annoying thing....

BTW - taking the DVR out of the rack is the most annoying thing....

Went and bought a $19.99 tv from RadioShack, then bot a SVideo to RCA adapter for $21.99 and was able to hook the small TV from there.

I figured the $20 TV vs. $22 SVHS adapter would be pretty dang annoying.

thats a cheap TV .. darn ..

What type was it? Cheapest I can get down here is the 13" Color TV and thats like $160

thats a cheap TV .. darn ..

What type was it? Cheapest I can get down here is the 13" Color TV and thats like $160

Here is the link for the TV.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2294974&cp=2032057.2032170&allCount=89&fbn=Price%2F%2410.00+-+%2449.99&fbc=1&fr=StorePrice%2FRSK%2F00001000%2F00004999&parentPage=family

Then I just got got a BNC to Coax adapter, then a coax to 1/8 inch adapter:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103466&cp=2032058&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032058&categoryId=2032058&kwCatId=2032058&kw=f+adapter&parentPage=search

and I can connect any bnc camera to this little tv and carry it around with me when setting up other cameras etc.

Works real nice and is only about $40 total in the end for everything.

Rory,

If you have issues getting this in your little paradise, PM me and I can send one to you.

BTW - I just used the svideo cable and adapter to hook it up to the llittle tv, changed back the settings that I changed before and everything works find now.

Thanks DTT