avpe

Why does everyone seem to like GeoVision?

GeoVision - Yes or No ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. GeoVision - Yes or No ?

• Yes! - They are great!
    • No! - GV Piece of Junk!

never tried them, also, I cant get my hands on them as the miami distributors do not sell them.

Another thing, if they had a software demo, it would help with some decision making! Seeing as they are a direct Asian Product, its hard to tell from this side of the world, see all the miami distributors generally sell US products, even if they do produce some of their products in Asia ( i know im going to get flamed on this).

Met with a miami distributor today, he was down here pushing GE products; doesnt need much pushing this way, but, his main claim was he pushes them as they are a US company, along with others. I imagine he pushes Phillips also for that reason, even though it is worldwide, it is US based for support and distribution on this side.

GEO may have dealers over in the US, but do they have a major branch there, that has full support, distribution, etc? And is that branch selling to end users, dealers, or distribuors? Just curious.

Other than that, from people on this forum everyone sais they love GEO, I cant say as Ive never tried it, their browser based software is terrible but I cant judge on that.

Rory

PS - he is getting me pricing on the new PRO DVRs from GE, SDVR-PRO and DVMRE-PRO, so will post them here in the dealer section once I get them.

Not enough options to cast a vote!!! they have the best DVr PCI card in the world currently and that is obvious but they have the very worst of ethics imaginable, yes they have a big US office for support so that is not an issue.. their product rocks, you should see the new stuff (not out yet)...But be carefull of their well below average marketing tactics

Do they stock the products in the US, or are only there for support. Is it the actual GEO company, or an affiliate?

Rory

What is the story with PC Surveillance.net ?

I have purchased a few Chance-I cards from them.

Them seem ok. Anything I should know?

Not sure think US is just support or so iw as told... PC-Surviellance used to be one of the first Geo distyributors in the US they got burnt buy geo selling direct so they shafted them back by dropping the product.. sure Chance-I is not as good but then it is less known and less likely to sell direct.

check this out from their site:

With our professional DVR Cards we do not recommend & WILL NOT support

Compaq Computers

HP Computers

Gateway Computers

eMachine Computers

Dell Computers

ALL "off the shelf" Computers

What does this mean, that they just dont do PC service or repair?

How can they:

"We understand 100% the importance of monitoring your home or business, we Guarantee our remote video surveillance products to work as they are designed or your money back within 30 days! "

Unless they build the PC themselves!

Eh, they are probley trying to avoid having to deal with the flakyness of each of those companies low-end machines. Kind of a shame to put HP on that list, but since the Compaq side took over the desktop part....well now they act like Compaqs (flaky, weird and painful to work in) a shame really HP used to make some sweet cases to work on.

In my opinion you can have the best product in the world but if you ** it out to anybody and their dog there's not much value in it at that point.

Just type in DVR demo into google and see the tons and tons of Geovision demos out there. For a company that wants to make money, I believe you need a great product that distinguishes you from the "masses". Geovision is planted firmly in the "masses" category. I know all the debates about vendor/distributor relations and all that, but the marketing practices and distribution of Geo is lame and makes the product basically worthless to me.

Not sure if I am getting my point across.

The problem we're seeing with Geo and most other PC based units is that they are being sold by small mom and pop guys who build them as cheaply as possible and this leads to many field failures. There are really very few professionally built PC based DVRs around and those are generally much more expensive. Even the Pelco's have had many problems in the past. PC Based systems have gotten a really bad rap in the U.S. and most dealers don't even want to touch them. I have many dealers who tell me up front don't even come to me with a PC based unit.

I think now with IP cameras starting to come down in price and go up in quality the days of PC Based DVRs are coming to an end anyway and we'll see embedded for the smaller jobs and network DVRs for the mid to higher end projects.

I have not tried Geo cards, until now that I decided to try them and compare them to the DVR card that I'm using from last two years for my clients.

I bought them from Dvr_Expert cheaper than US dealers or online sellers and shipping was very fast.

Thanks DVR_Expert for your help helping me get these cards and test them.

I'll test them and compare them to Huper, as most of people say Geo are the best, I want to make sure and begin dealing with Geo.

First time I disagree with you AV, Standalones and PC's will both be gone and replaced with WIFI Video servers with compression.

Yes Geo markets bad.. god knows I have said that enough time.. but they sell heaps and I think more than standalone, your kneck of the woods is very different to asia and Australia, the tru indication is when you must commit to large volumes for PCI cards and yet GE will sell one standalone and cheaply, standlones are not very popular in my country or ASIA, lets face it I have a standalone that is very close to the quality of Kalatel and twice the speed but they just dont move, Standalones are very limited in features which is why Geo does so well.

Geovision has a lame GUI and that is all that I can say that is wrong with the product other than their large marketing flaws. there are Geo's in Intels head office, intel shared a stand with Geo, there are Geo's in your CIA office of the US and in many major Airports and I have put them in several large banks, these are all high risk environments.

I recently saw Geo used as a baggage scanner at an airport.. I must agree with AV though, anyone can buy Geo so anyone can build it and not veeryone knows a PC well enough. But if they did then my reputation would not be worth a dime so I for one am glad they can not

I don't have use Geovision cards. They have many functions but the price is allmost double from Chance-i products.

I don't know I-Chance cards but you should give DVR Expert a call, he gave me very good prices in Geo cards, almost the same that the ones I'm using with my DVR card, only araise the cost a little more for shipping from Australia to USA.

But with so many extra features than Geo has I prefer to pay that extra cost.

I don't have use Geovision cards. They have many functions but the price is allmost double from Chance-i products.

I don't know I-Chance cards but you should give DVR Expert a call, he gave me very good prices in Geo cards, almost the same that the ones I'm using with my DVR card, only araise the cost a little more for shipping from Australia to USA.

But with so many extra features than Geo has I prefer to pay that extra cost.

Well I have prices directly from Geovision.

Another reason that I don't use Geo card, Greece is a small country, there are 3 distributors for Geo here, so it's better to sale a diferent product.