DeathtoToasters1

Power Issues...Advice Needed

Well I had some issues with the new camera I mentioned in my old post. It was not staying powered...I finally realized that I was sent the wrong version.

I was sent the 24v version not the 12v version.

So I used some extra wire and hooked it up to the power supply they gave me, versus the 12v wire I had run and all works fine.

Now here are the questions....

Should I purchase a 24v power box and replace the 12v that is there?

That would give me issues with all my other 12v cameras I assume.

Should I purchase this:

[edit-link removed by mod]

To convert the signal?

Should I just do an RMA for the 12v version?

Now the other set of questions are:

If I want to add a IR Illuminator etc. and it also need a 12v or 24v power, how do I run another power wire when all is done already?

How much power can a 18-2 wire handle? Meaning can I pump more power through it and use splitters at the end to get things all powered up?

Thanks for the help and understanding.

if you mixed 12V and 24V cameras within the same DC power supply line, then you have to use the 24V to 12v converter to supply all your 12V cameras.

is this 24vac and 12vdc? that is what i get from the link you posted.

if the ir is 12vdc, then make sure your power supply will handle both the cam and the ir and parellel the two devices on the 18-2 you ran. whichever the ir is, get a power supply that supplies enough current, propably 40 to 50 va will be enough.

the 18-2 will run either 12vdc or 24vac or 24vdc for that matter. your stranded 18 gauge wire should be rated to 600v. it is the amps that will overlaod the wire.