philips

optically neutral aperture

Hello,

I recently bought some CCTV equipment to monitor a parking space at night under a light(I have just had my second car fire) and intend to mount the bullet camera inside a 'bird house'. Could anyone suggest the best material to use to cover the opening- picture frame glass, polycarbonate,...?

Cheers

Philip

Quality Clear perspex or polycarbonate is great stuff, easy to cut, nice and clear and very hard to break when in place. Only problem is it scratches insanely easily.

Glass is fine, but easier to smash / cut yourself on, picture frame glass would smash if a small stone was thrown at it, whereas polycarbonate would stay intact, if a little scratched...

Kensplace,

Thanks a lot for the advice. Looks like the polycarbonate will do for starters then.

Cheers

Philip

No problem, polycarbonate is used in quite a lot of cctv housings/dome covers etc. Just be careful when installing it, leave the protective covers on until the last moment, and if cleaning it remember that even a rough sponge or wipe can scratch it, so be careful when cleaning.