Nelboy

COP Inspire DVR Questions

Hi All,

I have a COP Inspire 16-channel DVR system (INS-DVR-16P) which I am currently testing and have a couple of questions.

My current system has 3 monitoring stations all in different locations to where the DVR itself is housed...
Can the DVR be controlled by a remote keyboard/joystick combo, and if so does it have to be a specific type or any which have the right protocol output? (if not, how far can the 2-wire data leads for a USB mouse extend before there's too much loss? power for the mouse would be supplied at each monitoring station)
The telemetry socket for this is marked as RS422 and has both transmit (Tx) and receive (Rx) terminals.... menus show the system supports Pelco-D and pelco-P protocols, but would an RS485 converter be required on the Tx terminals if I were to want PTZ controls for operating my speed domes?

Is this unit capable of operating Aux1 and Aux2 outputs at the cameras - either as-is or with a firmware upgrade? Both my speed domes and a static camera require the Aux commands - the rear dome has Aux1 operating external lights, the static cam has Aux1 operating a mag lock, and all three cameras use Aux2 to connect an external loudspeaker to the interior microphone for talkback (the talkback system is standalone and does not feed through a DVR).... alternatively, are there specific presets which would universally operate the Aux functions which can then be put into a list for fast recall? (I am aware that Pelco Spectra 4's have preset 88 and 89 to switch to and from IR cut for example).

I am aware these units are a few years old, but potentially this may be (at least temporarily) replacing something a fair bit older if this can work as I want it to. Thanks in advance.