Sign in to follow this  
davidm

Problems connecting new cameras to DVR wirelessly

I have a Floureon DVR model NVR K8204-W which has 2 IP cameras wirelessly linked to it.

I have acquired 2 more cameras which  I am having difficulties connecting to it and was hoping someone could offer some assistance.

One camera is a szsinocam SN-IPC-5033Sw-UK and the other is a Floureon B27W 

I can connect the new cameras with a cat5 cable and, when I refresh using the default protocol the camera can be added.

However, when I disconnect the cat5 cable the signal is lost.

Can anybody advise how I can connect the cameras wirelessly?

Thank you in advance,

David

Based on the information provided, it seems that the two new cameras you acquired do not have a wireless connection option and can only be connected via Ethernet (cat5 cable). Therefore, in order to connect them wirelessly, you will need to use a wireless bridge or access point. It's also possible that your NVR has a built-in wireless access point or supports a wireless USB adapter, in which case you could connect the cameras wirelessly directly to the NVR.

Hi unfortunately with the wireless Floureon systems the cameras are paired at factory and you can not use other manufactures cameras wirelessly 

you can give them access if you connect to your home router and then call them back to the nvr just like adding an iP camera ….. this is not a wireless option but you can make them wireless by using eithernet over power adapters…. Something like the TP-link 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa717-kit/