Jtortola

Exacq V setup differences.

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone can chime in on a comparison for the differences between 2 hardware scenarios. This is with a Exacq vision setup only.

I have 2 options for hardware and software delivery:

#1 - ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A 64 channel NVR built in Pro software.

#2 - Windows Servers with Exacq Pro Video Management software VMS build.

What I am looking for for comparison is as follows:

* Longevity: I have worked in the server enterprise side of things for many years, generally there is a specified time lapse to upgrade hardware etc. So generally we would upgrade server hardware every 5 - 7 years for servers, depending on priority. It seems that CCTV NVR's have a much longer mean time before that are swapped out. We have run, and still run old (VERY Old) Panasonic NVR's, going on 15+ years. With the 2 items above, can someone speak to the longevity for the Exacq NVR Longevity \ reliability?

* Ease of use: Would anyone have any info of comments to differences between the 2 setups from a user perspective? I know that things such as hardware and behind the scenes of server management, etc. What I am asking is what about the user interface? Are the 2 setup's different? Or are the interface the same? Can they be setup to be the same? Would anyone know this? 

* Does anyone run (Exacq Pro Video Management software VMS) - If you do, can you speak to how well it works or any experiences that you have? Good or bad. Servers Will be Dell based servers with all specs covered for hardware requirements. I would suspect we would add additional MEM and disk space for Caching etc. 

We are looking to upgrade our current Panasonic NVR farm to Exacq V product, looking for some guidance.

Thanks folks!

4 hours ago, Jtortola said:

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone can chime in on a comparison for the differences between 2 hardware scenarios. This is with a Exacq vision setup only.

I have 2 options for hardware and software delivery:

#1 - ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A 64 channel NVR built in Pro software.

#2 - Windows Servers with Exacq Pro Video Management software VMS build.

What I am looking for for comparison is as follows:

* Longevity: I have worked in the server enterprise side of things for many years, generally there is a specified time lapse to upgrade hardware etc. So generally we would upgrade server hardware every 5 - 7 years for servers, depending on priority. It seems that CCTV NVR's have a much longer mean time before that are swapped out. We have run, and still run old (VERY Old) Panasonic NVR's, going on 15+ years. With the 2 items above, can someone speak to the longevity for the Exacq NVR Longevity \ reliability?

* Ease of use: Would anyone have any info of comments to differences between the 2 setups from a user perspective? I know that things such as hardware and behind the scenes of server management, etc. What I am asking is what about the user interface? Are the 2 setup's different? Or are the interface the same? Can they be setup to be the same? Would anyone know this? 

* Does anyone run (Exacq Pro Video Management software VMS) - If you do, can you speak to how well it works or any experiences that you have? Good or bad. Servers Will be Dell based servers with all specs covered for hardware requirements. I would suspect we would add additional MEM and disk space for Caching etc. 

We are looking to upgrade our current Panasonic NVR farm to Exacq V product, looking for some guidance.

Thanks folks!

1. Longevity: The ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A NVR is designed to last for many years, with its rugged hardware and built-in Pro software. The reliability of the Exacq NVR is generally very good, and it is expected to last for at least 5-7 years, if not longer. However, the exact lifespan of any hardware depends on a variety of factors, such as usage, environmental conditions, and maintenance.

2. Ease of use: The user interface for the ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A NVR and the Exacq Pro Video Management software is similar, but there may be some differences between the two setups. For example, the ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A NVR has a built-in web interface that allows users to view and manage video feeds, while the Exacq Pro software is typically installed on a separate server and accessed through a client application. However, both setups are designed to be user-friendly and easy to use.

3. Experiences with Exacq Pro Video Management software: The Exacq Pro Video Management software is a popular choice for video surveillance management, and many users report positive experiences with the software. Some common benefits of the Exacq Pro software include its reliability, ease of use, and flexibility in terms of hardware compatibility. However, as with any software, there may be some issues or limitations depending on the specific configuration and usage scenario.

Overall, both the ExacqVision IP04-80T-R4A NVR and the Exacq Pro Video Management software are reliable and user-friendly options for managing video surveillance systems. Your choice will ultimately depend on your specific needs and preferences, as well as your budget and other factors such as scalability and expandability.

Thanks for this, I am a novice at CCTV spec and options, or what is considered (basic / advanced) when requiring a setup. I have the general items, but what would work the best and what should be the best for our environment is what I am trying to decipher, As I am looking to identify this, I have sales people who will tell us something, but there are truths and half truths.  This will help me along my way. If there is anything else to add, please let me know.

Cheers!

Hi. Is going with Exacq your only option ? 
how many cameras are you running ?

what type of business are you protecting 

as well as looking for a new system your Panasonic has been free to run …. Going for a system that is licences controlled and ongoing 

Thanks for the help,

We have some experience with Exacq vision and it works well in our other locations, so we are looking at it. Plus, these are the recommendations that our contractors came back with. Panasonic seems to be on the outs with all contractors due to the complexity and being so propriety. 

We have other sites that are not manned and we use a external managed company for those site (Eagle Eye). But would be too expensive in this particular setup. 

This is a multi-use facility. We have a very  large complex which consists of retail, 5 levels of parking, food services plus many business towers. We will be adding and apartment \ condominium complex in the next year.  We currently have just over 200 cameras, looking to add additional coverage as we go. The total cameras that we will be using in the end will be 300+, we have a 24hr security management team at the location for operations.

So we are looking for a  good fit.

With this, what are you thoughts on Exacq, Panasonic or any other brands with the numbers above?

Thanks!

Hi there is more to look at than amount of cameras but your looking at a large protection with a big cost you are investing in. 
retail 

parking

Apartment complex

and future cameras

features I see you will benefit from for car park …… licence plate recognition and car colour

face detection…. Also people counting

while your looking at security for your property what also needs taking into account is members of the public ( food outlets … shopping…. Parking) who may need footage other than for security (the same for apartment complex your building….. car park monitoring and door / gate monitoring 

your in the position to spred the cost to all your shop renters and apartment renters so home work in choosing your system is important buy once. 

with having multiple locations calling everything back to a dedicated monitoring room makes sense 

Exacq Would not be my first choice there license is expensive 

Eagle eye is a good choice and have used myself but could do with better app it’s a bit like a toy … but there system offer all you need. 
but my choice would be a Avigilon system they are the best for your type of industry and best worldwide yes expensive but reliable upgradable and everything under one brand 

Thanks so much for the input. We have used Avigilon years ago, with negative comments from all on the system. We found it to be unavailable, always difficult to access and reboots a plenty for the client side and NVR at times. 

I am gathering that at that time (2011) install, that things from Avigilon have improved dramatically. I will take a second look at the product.

I assume that you know CCTV (security) much better than I do, with your experience, what model of Avigilon would you be thinking of?

Assuming that what I identified above is final. We will be using 3 months for storage, all operations will be from the manned 24hr location, but access VIA web or internal LAN \ WAN \ VPN.

I just need a particular model just so that I can review and discuss possibly with contractors.  

Thanks again!