adikumar2010

Odd Camera Requirment from India

I live in New Delhi, India. I tried searching online but I can't find any camera that fits my needs. A friend told me about this dedicated expert forum. Please take a look and help would be appreciated.

I live on 2nd floor and want to install area outside the building on ground floor to keep eye on whoever enters the building from main gate. Looking for 1 camera for now will buy 2nd for parking, depending on how 1st one performs.

Requirements :

1. Pan/Tilt : So I can rotate and zoom in remotely.
  2. Ethernet + POE : I just want to run single cable as I have to bring it from 2nd floor to ground floor which will be a long run.
  3. Cloud : Cheapest cost per year (Max $35/year) & saving footage of last 2 weeks minimum. I could buy NAS or DVR but that can also get corrupted and needs power backup too.
  4. Clould recording : If possible nonstop video recording 24x7. Not just the video clips when a movement is detected by camera.
  5. Bullet or dome type anything will do
  6. Good night vision recording.
  7. Two way audio communication so I can talk to someone outside the building using the phone app.
  8. Siren/alarm incase of intrusion. So camera should have a speaker.
  9. Water resistant, it won't be on the rain directly but water can get splashed on it. Also it will be in sun upto 50 Celsius.
  10. Desktop/windows/browser app will be a huge bonus point.
  11. Budget : $60 per camera cost.

I am noob in CCTV world. It is a very weird list of requirements.

5 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

For a PTZ …. POE camera ….. is that weekly or monthly 

Sorry I meant camera cost $60
and cloud cost max $35/year

50 minutes ago, adikumar2010 said:

Sorry I meant camera cost $60
and cloud cost max $35/year

Hi there is no ptz for $60 

and cloud for 24/7 recording for $35 does not exist either

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adikumar2010 said:

Requirements :

1. Pan/Tilt : So I can rotate and zoom in remotely.
  2. Ethernet + POE : I just want to run single cable as I have to bring it from 2nd floor to ground floor which will be a long run.
  3. Cloud : Cheapest cost per year (Max $35/year) & saving footage of last 2 weeks minimum. I could buy NAS or DVR but that can also get corrupted and needs power backup too.
  4. Clould recording : If possible nonstop video recording 24x7. Not just the video clips when a movement is detected by camera.
  5. Bullet or dome type anything will do
  6. Good night vision recording.
  7. Two way audio communication so I can talk to someone outside the building using the phone app.
  8. Siren/alarm incase of intrusion. So camera should have a speaker.
  9. Desktop/windows/browser app will be a huge bonus point.
  10. Budget : $60 per camera cost.

I am noob in CCTV world. It is a very weird list of requirements.

• Good night vision is nothing below $200usd. Cheaper to just install extra lighting.
  • Drop the hope of getting two-way audio/siren unless the budget per camera doubles.
  • Small PTZ cameras are at least $150usd.
  • A camera need power too..... what's the issue with an NVR because it needs backup power? The camera need backup power on their POE switch anyway!
  • Relying on cloud only is a false sense of security. You need some local storage in case the video being sent to the cloud gets corrupted. An SD card in the camera or NVR can do, most systems use both so if one device fails the other keeps recording.

$60 a camera is dreaming. Unless you are wanting to buy a disposable camera from AliExpress with the terrible software.

Budget at least $120usd but that will not get you a PTZ or two way audio for the price.

With such a tight budget, get a POE camera that has a built-in SD card slot to record to. That saves paying for cloud storage and you can easily intergrade an embedded NVR later down the road.