KMc

Kestrel viewer

I’ve been using kestrel viewer for years to remotely view my cctv. No settings have been changed and I could still view it yesterday morning. Come yesterday afternoon and it will no longer load. Can anyone suggest anything please

33 minutes ago, KMc said:

I’ve been using kestrel viewer for years to remotely view my cctv. No settings have been changed and I could still view it yesterday morning. Come yesterday afternoon and it will no longer load. Can anyone suggest anything please

Hi you are best changing your app from the qvis kestrel to the qvis explorer 

2 hours ago, KMc said:

Thank you so much for posting this!

I have wasted an entire morning trying to “fix” this issue.

Our remote viewing went down yesterday afternoon/evening too.

I’ve gone in to the NVR and it says “device not detected” and “wifi IP range in conflict with wired IP range.”

I’ve changed no settings, so the fact that you are having the same issue makes me think it’s a problem their end rather than ours.

Seeing as the Kestrel App has not been updated in 3 years, I hold out little hope for a resolution.

We’ve only had this CCTV for a month and we contacted QVIS a few weeks ago because my son is unable to get the app on his ‘phone as his ‘phone is too modern and Kestrel Viewer was made for an older version of Android! Apparently that’s not their problem, it’s a Samsung problem and they won’t speak to “the public” anyway.

I am very close to ripping it out and sending it back. A CCTV system that does not update its app for remote viewing is not fit for purpose.

The QVIS viewer another poster recommended on here has not been updated for 4 years so Kestrel is the “newer” option.

2 hours ago, All the gear no idea said:

I’ve changed no settings, so the fact that you are having the same issue makes me think it’s a problem their end rather than ours.

Hi …. Am not having any problem I have delt with qvis for over 20 years I know all there systems inside out

your system is a XM eye unit and the app I recommend is reliable yes old but still works

ip conflict will be your problem on using your existing app 

you need to go into network settings on your recorder ….. you will see a tick box DHCP …. Tick it then switch your recorder off for a few minutes then back on and then try connecting to the app

As far as sending it back ….. it should not of been sold to you if from a company as it is 8 years old and you have only had it a month 

we’re are you located

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi …. Am not having any problem I have delt with qvis for over 20 years I know all there systems inside out

your system is a XM eye unit and the app I recommend is reliable yes old but still works

ip conflict will be your problem on using your existing app 

you need to go into network settings on your recorder ….. you will see a tick box DHCP …. Tick it then switch your recorder off for a few minutes then back on and then try connecting to the app

As far as sending it back ….. it should not of been sold to you if from a company as it is 8 years old and you have only had it a month 

we’re are you located

This is our system.

https://www.jmcsecure.co.uk/kestrel-5mp-8ch-ip-cctv-kit-with-4x-ip-turret-cameras

Bought it last month.

Seems odd that the OPs remote viewing stopped yesterday afternoon as did ours. Surely that’s not a coincidence?

I’m not very good with tech so please bear with me.

I’ve gone into Network settings and DHCP was already ticked but I’ve applied again and switched the NVR off and on again.

Lan DHCP box is ticked.

Wifi DHCP box is ticked but status says “device does not exist”. SSID is blank. IP address shows 4 zeros as does gateway and sub net mask.  Then says “wifi IP range conflicts with wired IP range”

3G/4G status as above. IP address as above.

Connectivity P2P status: connection failed: connect to the server failed.

It is still recording onto hard drive and I can view if the monitor is plugged in to the NVR but the app no longer works on iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy tablet or Samsung mobile so no remote viewing.

It all went down yesterday evening, although I could still view the cctv on my iPhone. This morning that fails to log in/connect too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All the gear no idea,  I thought I was going crazy. No settings have been touched. It just won’t log in. Guessing it’s a server issue their end. I can view on my tv screen so know it’s not the cctv system. Not sure if it’s you that has posted on money saving expert forum. I’ve been waiting all day to be approved so I can comment as someone has asked the same thing

I too went into all my settings. Mine are as yours are. Everything as it should be apart from it saying connection failed. Connect to the server failed. 

Hi settings don’t have to be touched … your isp may have changed your external iP address and you would not know

but a simple check if it’s your recorder settings is to use your dvr local iP address that’s shown under network settings on recorder then see if connects

when you first set this unit up did you use the qr code

Yes. Used the qr code. Not had issues for years since I’ve been using it. Far too much of a coincidence that someone else’s stopped working late yesterday just like mine 🤔

6 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi you are best changing your app from the qvis kestrel to the qvis explorer 

I used to use explorer but it used to freeze loads so started to use kestrel. It’s been great until yesterday. I even reinstalled explorer today but that wouldn’t work either. I can’t remember what it said but was along the lines of can’t connect to server. My virgin media app shows my dvr connected to the internet. So I’m baffled

Hi. I have well over 600 qvis systems out so I know how to fix problems

the only time you are connected to the xmeye server is when using the qr code ….. using iP address your not on the server

did you try your local iP address ?

the explorer is a much better app than kestrel 

and I have just logged on to 3 seperate units at different parts of the uk and none have a problem 

we’re are you located

8 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. I have well over 600 qvis systems out so I know how to fix problems

the only time you are connected to the xmeye server is when using the qr code ….. using iP address your not on the server

did you try your local iP address ?

the explorer is a much better app than kestrel 

and I have just logged on to 3 seperate units at different parts of the uk and none have a problem 

we’re are you located

I’m in Liverpool 

My dvr is connected via a wifi to link adapter. The dvr has internet. It’s just the app that won’t load

13 minutes ago, KMc said:

My dvr is connected via a wifi to link adapter. The dvr has internet. It’s just the app that won’t load

But does it connect using your internal iP address ….. you will see it under network on your recorder ….. something like 192.168.1.xx

so your only 15 mile from me

When I go on net monitor. It’s showing the bandwidth receiving and transmitting with the graph. When I go on p2p. You get the qr codes and at the top it says status connecting. Then after a minute or so it changes to can’t connect to server. I’ve tried rescanning the qr code and nothing. Still just the load screen on the app

Yea that’s the problem. When you open the app you get the initial black screen with kestrel viewer. Then the white screen with your name and password and a blue login button. At that screen, I can’t do anything. Just can’t touch anything doesn’t do a thing. On my phone my iPad and my daughters phone. I’ve deleted the app on my iPad and reinstalled it. Get to the white screen can’t even enter my details. Just won’t allow you to touch anything 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi settings don’t have to be touched … your isp may have changed your external iP address and you would not know

but a simple check if it’s your recorder settings is to use your dvr local iP address that’s shown under network settings on recorder then see if connects

when you first set this unit up did you use the qr code

Please could you tell me how I check that?

Is it under Network settings? Sorry I’m useless at this stuff so I need an idiot’s guide!

Yes we used QR codes to set up app. Cannot log into app at all. It stays on timer for ages and then says connect fail - that’s on a Samsung ‘phone. I can’t even press anything on my iPhone  or iPad it’s like it’s frozen.

I’m in East Mids so nowhere near KMc, but like them I find it a huge coincidence that both our remote viewers stopped working at pretty much the same time. 

• Like 1

Hi ……. Two people on same thread ….. yes you both have recorders called kestrel but are two completely different systems

which app are you using ?

Ok. There are two people on this thread and it’s just getting confusing 

All the gear no idea …… you need to start a new post …. You should not be using kestrel viewer with your system

KMc you need to delete any app you have …. Kestrel and explorer from your devices and reinstall one of them 

2 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ok. There are two people on this thread and it’s just getting confusing 

All the gear no idea …… you need to start a new post …. You should not be using kestrel viewer with your system

KMc you need to delete any app you have …. Kestrel and explorer from your devices and reinstall one of them 

I tried that with my iPad app (kestrel viewer). Get to the same white login screen but doesn’t have my details in and I can’t put them in. Can’t touch the screen. Well, I can but it does nothing 🤷🏽‍♀️