Sign in to follow this  
hutchy2023

4 way splitter

Hello, my camaras will not display, and I've a feeling it could be the DVR power splitter, can anyone advise how i can check this with a multi meter, I think it has a capacitor on it too? 

CCTV Power.jpg

my dvr has a plug which plus into the back of the dvr, I then have 4 blue adaptors which plug into the dvr leading to the camaras, these also have four red adaptors (which i assume are power) these plug into the splitter 

Hi I can’t see any power supplies 

the 4 red from splitter (pigtail) does one also power dvr 

does anything work dvr powers up ?

hi yes the dvr has its own power supply left side next to the ethernet, I assume the red plugs are power for the cctv cameras themselves, the unit is powering up but the cameras arnt loading, ive tried the network settings but it says (Test gateway Err)

all was working fine but i was looking into an issue with the system as all four cameras had gone blurred, so i took the system down with the view to upgrading the firmware, but since putting it all back in the loft and turning the system on all the cameras wont load an image

Ok your network warning is not a problem it just needs resetting up

yes the red plugs are camera power 

yes I see your power plug for dvr but I can’t see your power supplies 

the power supply is just a standard adaptor which plus into an extension lead, this then plug into the back of the DVR unit next to the ethernet

1285181688_CCTVPower.jpg.088c12b1a1864d3

also in this picture shows your problem you have no power to cameras 

the power plug that goes into your dvr (next to network plug) should be going into the lead marked dvr and the other side goes into dvr power plug 

so this indicates to me you only have 1 power supply

whoops! bang on, ive swapped the cables around and now have the cameras up and running again, but sadly three of them (Out of four) are still blurred, do you know if a firmware update would fix this? or is it likely that I need new cameras?

Hi. No firmware will not help …. I think you will find your problem is under camera settings ….. you are looking for sharpness control

15 hours ago, hutchy2023 said:

not changed anything on XMEye either so strange that it would alter

Using there so called cloud service anything can happen or change 

they are a bit dishonest when they call it a cloud service because it’s not …… cloud is a place you can store files or dvr footage ….. lots of China cctv manufacturers call P2P the cloud and it’s not ….. 

Kestrel/ xmeye ……people think when using the app to view their system that when they login from phone it connects to their dvr direct …… no it does not …. It goes from phone to server in China that then connects you to your dvr …. So settings can be changed by a 3rd parts

server location 

Registrant State/Province: zhe jiang
Registrant Country: CN

Yes I understand that, but even locally my images are blurred so must be the cameras as I cant see anything wrong on the camera settings, the cameras are 6 year old now, does that sound about right for them to be swapped out for new ones? thanks for your help by the way its appreciated! 

2 hours ago, hutchy2023 said:

which would you say is better a Sansco system or Annke? I may replace the lot!  cheers

Hi it depends on your budget …… the two you have listed don’t make systems just rebadge

dahua or xmeye. 
I would start with first changing recorder first