Sign in to follow this  
Pablo56

Backup CCTV to memory stick.

Hi. I am a private individual and felt the need to get a CCTV system at a reasonable price. I got a HiLook. I was told that these are banned Chinese systems but I doubt the Chinese would be interested in me or fly a balloon over my house. I used to be involved in the development lab designing system in the 190s so I new I could put this together.

I do have a problem with it. How do I back it up onto a memory stick and what format would it be. Presumably MP4. I have looked at the manual but all there is a small section on their page 13 and 14 of the manual. It states that you put the stick into the USB port but that is used for the mouse. I can put a multiway USB into it and put them both in.

The manual says click [X] but there is no [X]. I found that I could click on the scissors and move along and click again. I get the save option. Now there is a MS style window Called Export with a choice of Video and log or Player. This is as far as I can go with this as I don’t understand the options. Can someone advise me please. I feel I can do this with a little help. I realise you guys won't touch these with a bargepole but you may have had some experiance with them.

Pablo,

HiLook DVR/NVRs are the domestic brand from hikvision so your USB drive will need to be formatted to Fat32. The Video and log export option will provide .mp4 video files along with a .tex file containing start and end data for each clip. The .mp4 files are proprietary and will not play on windows media or VLC so you need to do a second export to obtain the player. this should be MLplayer or VSplayer.

I really appreciate the developer's investment in this game. Basketball Stars is both attractive with the stressful situation of pitching, as well as tactical and talented. This makes the game a great choice for basketball fans.