Sign in to follow this  
Darrenh

Upgrade on Samsung STD-1694?

Hello all.

I have moved into a house and said goodbye to my IP cctv system. New house has a pretty established system but I miss the quality of the more modern systems. The house has a SRD-1694 system using coaxial to the cameras. There are lots of cameras (standard bullets, wide angle and one in the gate system). 

is there a simple upgrade to this that can utilise the existing cable (coaxial not cat5/6)?

or is there quality colour camera that can be used? Maybe with new DVR?

all thoughts are welcome!

darren

Hi. IP systems and HD analog are now both on the same level performance infact HD analog is now getting better than IP

yes you can update but you will need to swap out the dvr to something like a 5 in 1 hybrid dvr 5mp

and you only need to change the cameras you need to upgrade and change over time as a new dvr will except old and new cameras 

you will also have a better system than samsung

Very cool. Is there a recommended 5in1 DVR to buy - and what should I be looking for in the camera spec to ensure I can switch it over and utilise the coax? Are adapters required to go from the co-ax to the camera etc? I am looking for help as to which DVR and cameras to buy … and also need a replacement camera in the gate control etc. Do hikvision have the 5:1 DVR, cameras and gate control / camera that are all compatible?? Thanks so much