Sign in to follow this  
Tony5

How to get WIFI camera to work with a CPE

If I install a wifi security camera 200 meters away can I use 2 CPE's to get them it working with the closest CPE acting as a access point for the camera?

6 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. CPE is now commonly known as local network 

do you have power at both ends ?

Yes.

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Then I would use powerline adapters they are good for 300m if good ones

The house and the sheds are on 2 different power meters though......when I get the power bill I am always charged for 2 different meters.

6 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi is this a home ? And we’re are you located ?

are the sheds on your property 

Yes it's a farm in New Zealand.

Hi it sounds like you have 3 phase for farm and single for home ….. the reason for 2 meters

power adaptors won’t help you but this is a cheap option with a Poe switch at camera end and normal 4 way switch at home area 

and connected together via this set 

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Outdoor-Expansion-Complete-Pre-Configured/dp/B0BJZLXYBG/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?crid=H90TDSESCRJY&keywords=network+bridge&qid=1697666293&sprefix=network+bridge%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-18

11 hours ago, Tony5 said:

Yes it's a farm in New Zealand.

Hello Tony, you're another Kiwi here :).

A point-to-point wifi bridge setup, like the device tomcctv has linked to is a method of extending a network very long distances.

PB Tech also sell these wifi bridge's. They are two directional wifi 'access points'.

Such as two Ubiquiti M2's or M5's.

So do you set both of them on repeated mode and then I can have a wifi camera at the sheds picking up the signal?

Hi the Amazon link I posted needs no setting up its plug and play 

then if you use a 4 way switch you can run 4 camera and 8 way switch gives you the option for 8 cameras or 4 or 8 of cameras or a mix of computers/ networked farm equipment 

for 4 cameras you need to setup like this 

shed 4way Poe switch ….. you need Poe switch as they power the cameras $30

then plug that into the receiver at shed 

at home you only need a standard switch 4 way $20

Hi 48v is the standard for Poe 

I have used these for over 5 years with no problems at all 

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Switch-Ethernet-Uplink-Function/dp/B075G2PM17/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=UUTI4O9J2LZT&keywords=poe&qid=1697801514&sprefix=poe%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

using this type of Poe gives you more options in the shed for more cameras including ptzs it also gives you options in the future if needing any other networking at the shed

or you can just go with a one channel Poe injector for 1 camera but more expensive going that way

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-PoE170S-Injector-Wall-Mount-Certified/dp/B09SXSN3XT/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1VBD4SFKIBTO1&keywords=poe&qid=1697801857&sprefix=poe%2Caps%2C539&sr=8-4