looking for advice,

I have a Swann system I installed 6/7 years ago, comprise 4 external cameras around the house and a NVR4-7400 using Cat5 cable 

I want to upgrade to something similar to the Swann enforcer bullet type floodlite cameras but is there a better option out there?

I would also like to install a wifi camera in the house (kitchen being a central location) but would I be able to include this to the same app as external cameras?

Thanks for any help

17 hours ago, paulcullingworth said:

I want to upgrade to something similar to the Swann enforcer bullet type floodlite cameras but is there a better option out there?

Hi there is always a better option than Swann …. In your case it’s a hikvision/ hi-look

buying proprietary equipment is just a waste of money it’s always best to buy a system that is available to use most makes of cameras

what is your budget 

Don’t have a budget as such what I will do is buy four cameras and a nvr  that I could extend covering possible external  and or internal camera 

I have the existing hardwired cat 5

thanks

10 hours ago, paulcullingworth said:

Sorry for the delay,

I am in England and a buget of around £500 that could be increased for the right reason

Hi good budget. 
Are you in a town or village or rural area 

what area are you in ?

but your budget will get you a good system

full colour day night cameras and audio 

what are you looking for in a system

Village, rural area, not much crime, colour night cameras, hardwired with cat5e,

I have a drive, road to house about 30 mtrs long and I would like to install a camera near the entrance. It could be hardwired but would be easier wifi

thanks

Hi. Wi-Fi on standard cctv is useless and never works plus most Wi-Fi cameras (smart cameras) need there own app to work

do you have power at bottom of drive ?

can you see bottom of your drive from house?

what part of uk are you in

15 hours ago, paulcullingworth said:

Yes I can see the end of the drive and there is power to the drive gates

Near York uk

Hi. With power at gates you can use a normal iP camera and send the data down your existing power supply …. Which is much better than wireless 

York nice place I am in Chester 

I would start doing homework on a system called the viper …. Nvr and cameras best remote viewing app works with most cameras I have not had a system fail yet

Hi   Power line plugs are the quickest and cheapest way something like this

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6695749

also another benefit of having one of these at gates (if electric) you can open with your mobile or cars with built in gate openers like a Range Rover (a network adapter is needed ..£20 from Amazon)

the viper is not a basic system but only one of a few systems in the uk which is NDAA compliant 

I will pm you details 

Hi tomcctv

If we used the paramiters : one camera looking down the drive approx 30mtrs to the gate and a seperate camera looking accross the garden to a personel gate again 30 mtrs away (both gates are approx 25 mtrs apart ) and there is no lighting from the road side then what would the viper cameras need to be and at what cost for four number cameras and NVR ? (the other two cameras on the back of the house}

Thinking about your comment re using a camera at the gate and utilising powerline could the cat5 from powerline adaptors be plugged into the cameras NVR to bring the images onto the viper app?

Thanks

Hi sorry took so long to get back

yes your right about the powerline plugs …. On goes at camera end and the other plugs into nvr (they come in pairs) it saves time and money running cat5 everywere I’ll PM you some links 

Hi tomcctv,

I seen to have lost the messages you PM ed me and my response to you cannot find it in my messages.

If I changed the two front cameras to the Vipers you suggested could I plug the existing Swann 818 cameras that I have at the back of the house into the Viper NVD and also the camera at the gate utilising the powerlines and would they all show on the Viper app? 

what would the approx cost be for two viper cameras use mentioned and the eight port NVD?

Thanks