Sign in to follow this  
nickmcdoug

hikvision camera and nvr issues

hi guys im looking for a little guidance on a issue we are having with our hikvision nvr.

we have a DS-7732NI-E4/16P which we have been running for some time with a load of DS-2CD2142FWD-I dome cameras with no issue.

however i recently bought a DS-2CD2346G2-IU to add to the system and i'm struggling to get the NVR to show the camera.

i plugged the camera directly into one of the empty ports on the NVR and it shows initially but then after trying to add camera it disappears. so i tried adding the camera to the network instead and initialising through IVMS which works and the camera shows and can be viewed in IVMS you can then pick the camera up as a network camera in the NVR and add the camera but it shows the little warning triangle in the status column and says unknown error on that camera and cant be viewed. 

can anyone shed some light on this? hopefully i'm just missing something stupid.

thanks

nick

so i've now rolled back the NVR firmware to an older version and the new camera is now showing as working and showing on the multi screen but when you click on it to see fullscreen its showing as unsupported stream type.

Hi …. I was up there last week ardrossan 

it looks like your using the old hik (2012) your new camera is not compatible as is out of the box ……. You will need to connecting to a computer and alter its settings 

out of the box it is h265 and 5mp

you need to set to h264 and either 1080p or 720p for it to show on your nvr 

so in reality it’s pointless running a camera you have to downgrade the settings on

is this for home or business use ?

its for business use.

i've been into the camera through ivms and changed the resolution to 1080p and to H264 and it says setting saved but when i come out and back in the camera settings are back to 2688 and H265.